HJ Hochland Badge 1934

JME

Thanks Received
HJ Hochland Badge 1934
I need your help in figuring out if this badge is original. I have seen only a few of them and most of these that are in existence are in collections. These don’t come up for sale that often and not much reference is available also. Any and all feedback is much appreciated. In advance Thank you so much for your help, feedback and input. JME

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Certainly genuine. I have an example of the table medal for sale as it happens.

There are two versions of this badge, same date different designs
Regards
Mametz

I know the table medals exist BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THE ENAMELLED TINNIES do IMO. The Hochkand fakes come out of Austria and have a basis for the design. One thing I do not like about the version shown is the rough DESCHLER logo be careful on these guys.

I think i have about 20 different tinnies that are related to competition events and they are participant tinnies and i have 4 table medals that are related to 4 of them (and i have no problems with tinnies that i only have seen 2-5 times for sale in last 10 years) regards tomas ps and i think i have some divident doc with the hochland tinnie some where i will try to find it

the more info the better but one must remember these enamelled HOCKLAND tinnies started showing up in quantity last two years IN FACT LAST YEAR MANIONS sold a dealer lot of these enameled tinnies and they where fake.Also we are talking about enameled HOCLAND event tinnies

Last edited:
The Hochland tinnie/badge with the mountains at the top and the poor quality green enamel (Berger marked) is common / easy to find. A definite fake.

IMHO, the round one we are discussing presently is not commonplace. As I said, personally, I feel it is genuine. Of course, I could be mistaken but presently were one to appear at the right price, I would buy it.

yes if priced right and a good maker stamp would have a go just for a good close look. I might add the pin fixture is period looking on this one

PAUL

Last edited:
dont have an issue with the one shown above, you see these for sale very rarely , some of the others i do have probs with but not this one

First of all Thank you all for your feedback and input! It is my opinion that this Badge is an authentic WWII period item. It really has nothing to do with the enamel badges we see from time to time. This is the smaller version of the Table Medal but with a pin. Like I said it is my opinion and I don’t have a lot of facts to back this up. Some things we just may never know. Thank you. JME

THE Hockland badges are always a great generator of debate the pin and catch assembly tell me this is a good one also but when you see one of this genre of tinnies really check it out first that is why threads like this are so important

PAUL

Are there any period photos of this badge in wear ????

Are there any period photos of this badge in wear ????
Good question. As far as i know, there are two kinds of this badge (link above-badge with mountains-partly enameled) The one that CGuild has, and a similar one without enamel, and a Number stamped onto the front, (usually with screw back) and the number is usually filled out with red lacquer or paint.
If i remember, a long time ago, the consensus was that these (link above) are post was fantasy badges???

I've always heard the same thing regarding the badge in the link Jo, fantasy badge. I've never seen one in a period photo either.

Back