HJ-Tatjugend

Thanks Received
I have seen this little 25mm button here and there. The PICs do not show the brilliant chrome finish. It came to me in a lot of HJ items. It is so clean looking, I am suspicious it is a copy or a fantasy piece. I always say, "when in doubt, through it out!"

Comments, opinions?

Thanks,
Dan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello Dan,

for me it is not à copy but an original item......!

Best regards

Eric

Hi Dan

Se my scan from Angolia's book " The HJ" - it is no 104 - I.m.o. your badge is original, I also have this badge in my Collection.

Kind regards
Michael :denmark

Attachments

With all due respect Michael, Angolia doesn't provide references/footnotes so I would always be wary of taking what he says as gospel. His information has been shown to be wrong many times. Useful book though. I have no reason to doubt this tinnie but it has always reminded of the aluminium cap off a disposable drinks bottle. That strip seems like a dodgy way to attach a badge, even a fund-raiser like this one appears to be.

Tatjugend

An interesting point, Gentlemen. To "mash the pin"and place it on a piece of clothing rather than the traditional pin-back is the exception rather than the rule. I found this odd, plus the pristine chrome finish. Mine is not dull as the photos show. We all should be self aware none of us are perfect and not without mistake. Angolia's work was gospel 30 years ago. I was there. He too has made mistakes. However, his contributions outweigh his mistakes by a considerable margin. The more I learn here, the more irritated I become over fakes and those who make them. One thing about this little bottle cap, is it has been in at least one book for a very long time, right or wrong. This is the very reason this little fellow was presented to the forum.

I did find a similar bend-over pin on page 263, of Tieste's book No. 7, DJH, DRK and U.A.

I appreciate your help and commentary, Eric and Michael. :001_smile:

Dan

Angolia's work was gospel 30 years ago. I was there. He too has made mistakes. However, his contributions outweigh his mistakes by a considerable margin.
I would say it is the exact opposite Dan.

Back