I. Reichsjugendtag Potsdam 1932 tinnie by Aurich - Info requested

Thanks Received
Hi - I have a Silver Potsdam badge. I have been unable to locate another on the web to compare prices. Why is that? All I can find is Bronze badges, and I hear they were sort of outlawed. So where are the rest of the Silver badges? Mine is genuine, made by Assmann. What's it worth? Thanks Bill

Hi Oldcollector,

Is it possible for you to show us a picture of that particular Tinnie.

Philipp Militaria and Weitze are showing a couple of silver ones. Philipp Militaria used to have 2, but since last Tuesday, just one. Your is Assmann or Aurich? Also Hoffstatter was the most common one, I think, but Assmann?

Regards

Antonio

I would try looking at other lesser known sites before using Weitze as any soert of price guide. Just like the Hüsken site and catalog, sometimes way to cheap, but mostly way over the top. This site here (Jörg K.) has a bronze and silver, better condition for €50 less. and €50.- less on a badge like this, means almost 50% :sad:

1932 potsdam badge in silver

I was mistaken. It was made by Aurich, not Assmann

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I would try looking at other lesser known sites before using Weitze as any soert of price guide. Just like the Hüsken site and catalog, sometimes way to cheap, but mostly way over the top. This site here (Jörg K.) has a bronze and silver, better condition for €50 less. and €50.- less on a badge like this, means almost 50% :sad:
I went to Weitze's site - what a nightmare to find anything. then I went to Philipp's and you have to register and then jump through a bunch of hoops to see a foto of anything. I don't jump through hoops for ANYBODY.

I went to Weitze's site - what a nightmare to find anything.
yes, and they know it too, that is why, each item that does not sell, comes back up on the NEW list every few months, because they get lost. It is an incredibly hard site to use if you dont know exactly what you are looking for. They are like Niemann was though, and rely on the Friday feeding frenzy when all the good little soldiers are waiting in front of their screen to out-do each other and press Buy Now. But as far as using them as a reference point as to current market value, well they are usually a few pennies above everyone else. The smaller sites are always better to check, Phillip Militaria is very fair with the prices, but i have the problem that i have to log in three times before i am really logged in and can see anything. They also dont update that often either.

I guess my badge is worth 120€ or more. My badge looks better than any I have seen. Must be Aurich did a good job. I HEARD Aurich is worth more. I see why. I wonder what Philipp's looked like? As to Weitze, I had the misfortune of meeting him recently. He is a flake. He speaks with a forked tongue. I will never do business with him. Period.

We're exploring these badges in another thread and it will be interesting to see who made these and when because if we can I think we will find that the prices could be set more realistically. At the moment two things influence the price: condition of course but also the colour. Silver is more desirable, bronze less desirable. The May 1937 RJF regulation which designated the silver version of the badge as the honour badge makes the silver version more attractive to collectors but it doesn't follow of course that all silver badges were worn at the rally or indeed whether they even existed at the time of the rally (the regulation mentions that Potsdam badges could still be obtained through RZM outlets at that time). With this in mind then, a later badge should not be as valuable as a badge sold before or during the event and if we could identify the differences between early and late production it would be good news for collectors.

seems to be right about the price? all over the place... i just saw that Hiscol sold a bronze Hoffstätter one for €60.- (online these are always around 100-160 €.

Attachments

We're exploring these badges in another thread and it will be interesting to see who made these and when because if we can I think we will find that the prices could be set more realistically. At the moment two things influence the price: condition of course but also the colour. Silver is more desirable, bronze less desirable. The May 1937 RJF regulation which designated the silver version of the badge as the honour badge makes the silver version more attractive to collectors but it doesn't follow of course that all silver badges were worn at the rally or indeed whether they even existed at the time of the rally (the regulation mentions that Potsdam badges could still be obtained through RZM outlets at that time). With this in mind then, a later badge should not be as valuable as a badge sold before or during the event and if we could identify the differences between early and late production it would be good news for collectors.
Do you think my Aurich is an early, or a late, badge? Did anybody but me notice that the finish on the front of my Aurich is much nicer than other examples we have seen? Maybe Aurich used real Silver, or some process in manufacture, that withstands time.

Last edited:
No idea yet oldtr. This will require more investigation. My suspicion is that if Aurich produced these badges that it did so later. As I say though, this will need to be investigated properly.

i AM VERY SUSPICIOUS OF THE BADGE SHOWN ON THIS DEAL SITE Jo THE PIN ASSEMBLY IS TYPE COMMON TO MODERN FAKES

NO THE POST REFERS TO THE LINK, but remember this badge is widely reproduced and no definitive list has yet been formed of known good one stay tuned hope it is happening here

:canada1

I am very sure that when somebody produces a list of makers of the 1932 Potsdam badge that Aurich will be on that list. He probably made very few of them, and he made them after the event.

Back