Jugendburg Stahleck 25 Jahre 1911-1936 DJH Rheinland

That is a fecking excellent one man. Never saw it before!! That is a winner one.

Congratulations!!!

Regards

Antonio

send me your address and it is yours even if I have to ship it to your relative

PAUL

Man, honestly, what you did yesterday was more than brilliant and ok!!!

I can't even repay your generosity!!!

Take care man!!

Do you like Irish whisky?

Regards

Antonio

really nice touch paul u r a star well done this forum really is in a league of its own well done again

Hello,

This one is not a HJ one. It's a youth hostel tinnie.

As you can read, "Jugendburg Stahleck" opens in 1911 and in 1936 (25 years later) it still receives boys and girls, germans and not germans, HJ members and not HJ members. You certainly saw DJH member carts and saw that there is no relation with HJ on this carts (except that a few members used a picture in uniform).

Regards
Debertex

That is a fecking excellent one man. Never saw it before!! That is a winner one. Congratulations!!! Regards Antonio

couldn't have said it better antonio. real nice.

Hello,
This one is not a HJ one. It's a youth hostel tinnie.
As you can read, "Jugendburg Stahleck" opens in 1911 and in 1936 (25 years later) it still receives boys and girls, germans and not germans, HJ members and not HJ members. You certainly saw DJH member carts and saw that there is no relation with HJ on this carts (except that a few members used a picture in uniform). Regards Debertex
I would think that by 1936 it would be an accredited HJ HOSTEL and thus HJ related ? Also this hostel is still in business Jugendburg Stahleck in Bacharach
PAUL

Debertex, I have to agree with paul on this one. As all other youth organisations were banned by the nazis it seems to me that the only visitors would have been members of the HJ, so in a way the tinnie presented here is a gift for the 25 anniversary of the youth hostel but also the beginning of major use by the hj at the start of their great era.

Also to be considered is the fact the , in order to survive the times, all youth hostels had to be approuved by the government, so the link with the hj is easely made.

I consider these tinnies / badges as a part of the history of the hj, and i think we all should do for above reason.
As you probably know, many of those youth hostels still exist to this date. (ex pauls example) only the swastikas and nazi symbols where removed, the same way as they where put on and in the buildings in the 1920s and '30s

Great debate here.

First of all, thanks Paul for everything and yes, in the Flohmarkt in here are many good things and a really good price. Thanks onace again gentleman!!

Regarding the debate, I believe that in 1936 the last youth non HJ organization was the Catholic ones, but it is in this year when they were totally abolished. Yes, we all know about the "resistance" youth groups, but I have to agree with both Paul and H2OCO2 about that at that stage of the politics and that year, almost every single association like the DJH was in nazi hands.

Best Regards

Antonio

ALTHOUGH DEBERTEX is correct about the hostel relation for sure, here is a very common hostel tinnie from 1937 that show the definate relation with politics of the era

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
... at that stage of the politics and that year, almost every single association like the DJH was in nazi hands.

Hallo,

Of course, the Germany of the 30th (and even till late in the war) was nazi.

The DJH was an association... who became nazi at one time but who has nothing to do with HJ (youth organisation of the NSDAP).

I just wanted to clarify to fact that, for exemple, if a boy wanted to play soccer or handball, he became member of a soccer or handball club. You can collect sport club insignias, but this has nothing to do with HJ even if we can often see on pictures a HJ losange beside the club insignia on the shirts.

Regards
Debertex

Last edited:
... at that stage of the politics and that year, almost every single association like the DJH was in nazi hands.

Hallo,

Of course, the Germany of the 30th (and even till late in the war) was nazi.

The DJH was an association... who became nazi at one time but who has nothing to do with HJ (youth organisation of the NSDAP).

I just wanted to clarify to fact that, for exemple, if a boy wanted to play soccer or handball, he became member of a soccer or handball club. You can collect sport club insignias, but this has nothing to do with HJ even if we can often see on pictures a HJ losange beside the club insignia on the shirts.

Regards
Debertex

Indeed the would, but did they got the opportunity to chose? no, the had about one option and that 's th dj/hj to do so.

I understand your point of vieuw also. but I stick to my point of vieuw on this matter and consider these kind of tinies part of hj collectables. especially as they are low in prize compared to other tinnies.

I can only speak for myselve. every one must make up his own mind on this subject. What I find correct can be the complete oposite for an other.

Dear Pual,

As you know, I have received this great Tinnie. A great addition to my HJ collection.

THANKS FOR THIS PRESENT!! I show a pic of it, It is a great one!! Unfortunatelly, my camera is not a good one!!

THANKS MAN!!

Great talking to you

Regards

Antonio

GREAT ANTONIO , glad you like it interesting sending GERMAN items back to GERMANY after 65 years. And was a real pleasure talking to you in person on the phone we will do that again

all the best PAUL

Great addition to your growing collection Antonio. Personally, I prefer to have these DJH tinnies in my collection. I purchased the tinnie here about 12 years ago from Tieste and have enjoyed it since. Keep up the good work.

Collect100

Back