Let's talk about the Hochlandlager 1936 badge

Thanks Received
Admin Edit:

This is a thread dedicated to collating information on the Hochlandlager 1936 badge. It is part of our series on

'Annoying HJ collectibles'

Add your links to other discussions, evidence, pictures - anything that will help in building a compendium of information on these items for quick reference.

This post will act as the collecting point for information and it will be updated as information comes in from your posts below.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fantasy or Genuine?
One thing is for sure, they are not as "Rare" as all these dealers would have you believe.

Below are a list of the similar threads on this forum, where nothing concrete has ever come to light.
The German Dealer Klaus Butschek has just sold one tonight, described as HARD TO FIND ? Hopefully one of the mentioned dealers below, will read their name here, get a knick in their knickers, and come up with some simple evidence that these badges, are real, as everything until now, (2013 - 80 years after the TR period) points towards them being pure Fantasy inventions!

If this thread is pinned, over time something usefull may be found out about these, hard to find, badges :pound:

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f27/hochland-lager-1936-a-5895/
http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f27/hochlandlager-1936-a-6496/

◄ SO FAR, 11 DEALERS THINK THEY ARE GENUINE ►

◄ SO FAR, ASKING (OR SOLD) PRICES FOR THESE "RARE" BADGES ARE ►

• €80.-
  • $127.-
  • €140.-
  • £185.-
  • $225.-
  • $250.-
  • €295.-
  • €385.-
  • €200.-
  • $175.-

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Well, it is not the first time that he has been "seen" with "polemic" items. But, that is the risk, sometimes, of buying things from Auktion sites... HE "may" have taken the risk and.. won.

Regards

Antonio

Last edited:
EMIG think they are Genuine, and have one listed for €140.-

COLLECTORS GUILD think they are Genuine, and have one listed for $127.-

MY MILITARIA think they are Genuine, and had one for sale

Attachments

Last edited:
I think member Railhouse has the genuine version of this, if I recall correctly there is no colored enamel on the example he owns. I've never liked these personally so I would not have one. I remember seeing a lot of these show up in the 80's at gun shows like the Great Western in new looking condition. By now they would have some actual patina and aging on them for sure.

All I really need is something simple ... DOCUMENTED evidence that this badge existed pre May 1945 .

Darin, you have a good point, there are pieces too problematic and ppolemic, like the ski one, you know. It is amost impossible to know nowadays if it is eriod or not.

Joe, yes, you are right with the evidence, with that, end of discussion. The big problem is that for many, many Insignias oder Tinnies, the "picture" proof is really difficult to find. At the moment I have something like 115 Tinnies, but, honestly I have found only a 20%, maximum of pictures with that particular Insignia.

This ne will be always a complicated one and... well, maybe, being THE Hochland Gebiet, maybe there should be more proofs in THEIR badges (not only this one).

Regards

Antonio

Hi i have somewhere the urkund for the tablemedal of this hochland badge and i think i have the tinnie doc to i will try to find them

Another Hochlandlagerexploitation by the Garmisch mafia!

Attachments

Tinnie version :noidea:

Attachments

€295.- ??????
You can get one now on Mili for €80.-
i thought they were hard to find?

Attachments

Interesting that nobody at this time so far that has taken the poll has rated this as "GENUINE" !

Germania International $225,.

Attachments

As Ewan stated, Allied and Axis, only £185.-

Attachments

Herman Historica also believes they are real, and "Selten" ?
Where is this SELTEN, and HARD TO FIND pitch coming from? by the looks of it, they are all over the place?

Funny how most collectors will say "Stay away from anything with a screw-back" yet pick and chose.. or, go along with the majority of what these Dealers are saying :yo:

Attachments

Hi no garry i but i think it whas for the 34 tinnie and nott the 36 tinnie i only have the tablemedal other things the that i found 34 post stamp and other doc about the 34 camp i hope i will have time tomorrow to take some pictures and i will digg more in my box

Ron Wolin Militaria thinks it`s real
LINK

Attachments

Back