new tinnies

The Norkus tinnie would be for members of Bann 179 as that Bann was from Grimma . There might have been more issued to other Banns , however : with the scarcity of this tinnie I kind of doubt it . (I do have one on my collection) .

I found these two illustrated magazines at home in my archives and it would seem that this Tinnie only matches to this commemoration.
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I found these two illustrated magazines at home in my archives and it would seem that this Tinnie only matches to this commemoration.

There were a few early events, commemorating the day he died, a big one in January 1935 that was attended by many, including Schirach. (see images)
But if we look at the date on the tinnie, that`s not commemorating his death-day, so it is most probably bann-connected.
It is also a two day event, as the date on the tinnie says, 8th and 9th of June 1935. So find the event in Grimma for that weekend, and you`ll have the answer I think.

Yes, the dates on the tinnie have no connection to his death, or birthday.. so they are definitely event-related.
The RJF would have used poor young Herbet for all sorts of propaganda.. he was to the Hj what Leo Schlageter was to the NSDAP.
I wonder what the poor kids parents thought of their son being plastered all over the place, and such a huge memorial. Maybe they had no choice but to thank "The great leader"

Attachments

Last edited:
The memorial for Herbert Norkus is gone but I wonder what happen to it or who has it stored away ?
Beautiful tinnie now I have to find one lol

We share the same point of view Jo. I find it unfortunate that there was no article on this forum about Herbert Norkus.
I could have done it but I do not master the English language enough.

The memorial for Herbert Norkus is gone but I wonder what happen to it or who has it stored away ?
Beautiful tinnie now I have to find one lol

I immediately warn you that there are several collectors on the waiting list, the fight will be fierce ....! LOL :sneaky2:

We have a number of threads related to Herbert Norkus like this one but yes, a page in our wiki where info can be centralised would be a good idea.

I tried to find more info on the event dates noted on the Norkus tinnie but the Sachsen-related orders that I have unfortunately begin in 1936... I'm thinking that it is likely to have been a Gebietsaufmarsch though.

We have a number of threads related to Herbert Norkus like this one but yes, a page in our wiki where info can be centralised would be a good idea.

I tried to find more info on the event dates noted on the Norkus tinnie but the Sachsen-related orders that I have unfortunately begin in 1936... I'm thinking that it is likely to have been a Gebietsaufmarsch though.

Your help would be providential and beneficial for this forum Garry. We are many to join such a project because there are more and more people who are very interested in Herbert Norkus. :first:

Hi Eric,

I've got a project on the go currently (a listing of all Bannführer, Jungbannführer etc. for 1933-45) but as soon as I've finished typing up what I have I will definitely get a page up for Norkus so that we can collate everything :thumb:

Yes, I didn`t even think about that.. I have some Herbert stuff too I`m sure.. will check when I have time.
Just assumed it was common knowledge, like Schlageter. Poor Herbert got his wig peeled back by the Reds when he was 16, and the NSDAP turned him into a young version of Albert Leo Schlageter.

Back