Silver Reichsjugendtag Potsdam 1932 badge - Opinions please

Thanks Received
Hi All,

I would love to have your opinions on the Potsdam Silver Badge attached, please. I have also added a badge on sale by Philipp Militaria.

I honestly believe that it is a good one. It is NOT a Morigi one, the Morigi one is more or less easy to spot, specially the back part.

But I am sure that are more fakes apart from the Morigi ones.

So, what is your opinion?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Antonio

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi all

Checking again the pin used and the whole back side of it, one tends to think that it is a correct one.

The catch has never been replaced and also the letter seem the same, of course if yoi compare it to the "accepted" ones, but what is accepted as real is really real?

The front side looks really shiny, but still you can see huge differences with tje Morigi ones, well check the crown and letter, for example. Also it has only a couple of difference with the badge shown as fake in the fake section.

Still. I would love to have a second opinion about it.

Thank in advance.

Best regards

Antonio

Hi All,

I have done a little bit of work in Paint... yeah, I know, I am not good at it. Just to check and compare with other badges. And I have to admit that they look a bit different, when they are supposed to be from the same maker. Dont you think so?

Best Regards

Antonio

Attachments

There are even more than that around Antonio. Check these out:

A melted Aurich

A bronze Aurich

More follow....

Attachments

Just GES GESCH

Hoffstätter at the bottom, grey paint finish

More...

Attachments

Hoffstätter stamped at the bottom. Horizontal pin

'Hoffstätter GES GESCH' at the bottom

More...

Attachments

'Let's not even bother putting a maker on this one....'

Hoffstätter Bonn GES GESCH, painted reverse

Too many variations. These badges need to be looked into.. There is definitely junk in amongst the badges I've shown but I wouldn't be able to say exactly which of them are junk. Not until we know more about the badge anyway.

Attachments

It is just impossible then to say, what is good and what is bad, right?

So bassically, my question about the badge in the first post, the answer could easily: no fecking clue?

Oh God, I am just try to write about this badge, and the more I read about this, the more "Mist" I find.

Pufff

regards

Antonio

:) Yep!

I have one of the bronze ones and it is the only bronze type I like:

That is just a personal opinion, it's not because I know a secret. As I say, these badges should be looked at in detail I think.

Attachments

Thanks Garry. Im not sure if I am happy or not. I got that badge, more or less comparing (I know, I know... kein Meckern bitte:)), but of course, always a second opinion is more than welcome.

When you check the crowns, every single one has different ones, or more or less with (tiny) different details. What a mess...

Regards

Antonio

LOL, what a mess ! But a good example of what i`ve always said, and will continue to say. With some items, it`s just not possible to tell a Period piece from a early reproduction. Maybe a possible way to go here, would be the same as on the Leistungsabzeichen thread? photo each example from the reverse and sides, to see if any form is noticed, any telling die-lines on the edges etc ....

Hi Metallwarefabrik,

Yeap. I think that is a good way to go. For me sounds challenging enough, at the same time, tontry to get period information. I will try to do my best in between my Tinnie Hunt (*), my job, my second job (my girlfriend) and weiterbildung.

Wie gesagt, for me sounds great to investigate about it.

Regards

Antonio.

That would be a good start Jo.

Would anyone who has one of these badges, silver or bronze, be happy to upload some good shots of the obverse, reverse and edges please? I'll start with mine as soon as I have the photos transferred across to this machine.

Hi Garry,

I started yesterday to download all of the badges available in Militaria321, good way to start with suspucious badges.

I told you, im taking this serious. Let me know if you want them by email.

Regards

Antonio

Just upload them to the thread. Quicker than sending them to me and then me uploading them.

Hi Garry,

Should we start a new thread or we upload them in the Thread that you started?

Regards

Good idea Antonio. If you start a new thread I'll copy my posts containing the badges across to it.

I dont want to sound negative, but that's not really going to help imho. What you need is to have the badges in your hand, and take big detailed pics of the edges, see if there is a shape/form, weigh them, measure them, take one point on them and compare that to others, see if any patterns develop etc....etc etc... pics from the net are only helpful to a certain extent and wont help solve this, rather messy situation.

I just wanted to get an initial idea of what's out there first Jo. A catalogue showing every permutation of the MM we can find. You're right of course, we will need to get down to a proper close-up examination though. I tried to get photos of mine today but the light was crap. I'll try again tomorrow though.

As soon as you have your pics loaded into a new thread Antonio I'll move my pics across as I say.

Back