Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

Südwestdeutsches Gebietstreffen der Hitlerjugend Karlsruhe 6-7.5.1933

Südwestdeutsches Gebietstreffen der Hitlerjugend Karlsruhe 6-7.5.1933

Picked this up at a flea market this weekend, I'm not quite sure of what to think about it, this is one I have never seen before. Any translations of comments would be appreciated.

Thanks, Richard

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Richard,

That translates to: Southwest Germany Gebiet Rally of the Hitler Youth, Karlsruhe 6-7.5.1933

(Gebiet being an organisational structure within the Hitler Youth usually with the same boundaries as an NSDAP Gau)

Nice-looking tinnie. We have guys on the forum who are a lot better with tinnies than me and they will hopefully be able to help further. There was definitely a large meeting of the HJ in Karlsruhe on those dates though. 30,000 heard Reichsjugendführer von Schirach speak in the high school stadium.

Hi Richard,

This is a very nice honest tinnie. It is documented in both Angolia's HJ Volume 2 and Reinhard Tieste's reference books. I have one like this but the black paint is no longer present. I also have one constructed from gold-colored tin.

For reference, I think there is a silver one for sale at militaria321.com and a gold one at Huesken militaria. Thanks for posting.

Collect100

Thank you Gary and Mark