Two Hitler Youth badges from 1936

Thanks Received
Deutsches Jugendfest 1936
Nordmarklager am Bramsee 1936

JUST BOUGHT THE PAIR OF 1936 TINNIES. THE ONE ON THE RIGHT IS INTERESTING NORDMARK RELATED AND ONE I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE. MORE INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED :canada1

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

HJ Nordmarklager Bramsee 1936

Hi Paul,

Here's a nice photograph of the HJ Nordmarklager Bramsee 1936 from an issue of the newspaper Flensburger Illustrierte Nachrichten dated 22.7.1936. Around 10,000 took part on these camps with the first one being held in 1935 (source).

Camp gate:

Camp:

Those last two are from http://marbooks.com

Attachments

Paul, the Nordmarklager is a nice rare one too :) Pity it doesn't have all it`s silver-wash and original packet and original presentation box and original shipping box and original receipt to go with it.:swiss

Well Done PAUL!!! Happy to see that you got a rare one!!

Regards

Antonio

By the way Paul, it would be lovely to see an updated picture of your Hj Tinnies Collection?

Thanks

Regards

Antonio

I do not think that we yet have finished the Nordmarklager Tinnies.

I have some information about these Tinnies, but I have also some questions. The questions I will ask in the bottom of this post.

First the 1935-Tinnie, which I have had for some time:

As I can’t find any info about an earlier camp, I presume, that 1935 is the first Nordmarklager, and as you can see on pic 3 above, it was held near Hamburg. On the same pic we see the Tinnie, and it looks as it has a silver-color. I have also somewhere on this forum seen a silver-colored one.

Second the 1936-Tinnie, which I got a few days ago:

If you see pic 3, bottom of the postcard – Nordmarklager II Brahmsee (II is the same as 2). Brahmsee is located near Kiel. To me that means, that it now has been proven, that 1935 was the first Nordmarklager. The 1936 Nordmarklager look to me to be the last, as I can’t find any information about a later camp. I have found something about a later camp, but for a German/Brazilian youthring (not HJ).

AND NOW TO THE QUESTIONS:

1. My 1935-Tinnie looks to be gold/copper-color (some of it worn off), and I can see that eMedals have a similar one. It looks as the Tinnie can be found both in silver and gold- color – can any of you confirm that ??
  2. Pauls Tinnie in post 1 look to me to be silver-colored (mostly), but is there a bit gold-color in the areas around the tower in the middle of the Tinnie ? My 1936-Tinnie look to be gold/copper-color, almost all worn off (could on the pics look a bit like rust,but it is not rust), I can’t find pics of any other 1936-Tinnies on the Internet (Heran write in post 7 that it is a rare one, maybe that’s the reason that I can’t find any) – is the 1936-Tinnie silver or gold/copper colored, or can it be both ??
  3. Were there only these 2 Nordmarklager ?

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Hi guys

It is now 12 days ago i made post 8, an no comments yet :Cry::Cry:

I do not think that the tinnies are so rare, there must be some out there.

Please look in your "hidden-treasure-box", an make a comment/pic :hail::hail:

Hi Michael,

The Nordmarklager was also held in 1937 and 1938. In 1938 the location was changed to Sahlenburg:

Nordmarklager 1937

source

"Verlegung des Nordmarklagers der Hitler-Jugend in Sahlenburg bei Cuxhaven, 1938" source

I'll keep looking and if I find anything more I'll post it here.

Attachments

Hi Garry

Thanks - you are sharp as a razor :001_smile: as usual, an no guessing, just facts :first: I will look forward to your perhaps future comments.

BUT I have never seen tinnies from 1937 and 1938, but they must be out there some place ?

Hi Michael,

I found a little more on the Nordmarklager 1936 just now. The first Nordmarklager was definitely held in 1935 by the way. Certainly In 1936 it consisted of two separate camp locations: Nordmarklager I Sahlenburg near Cuxhaven held between 7.7. and 21.7. and Nordmarklager II Brahmsee near Nortorf held between 6.7 and 16.8.

The Brahmsee camp (pic 2) was split into five distinct areas comprising a total of two hundred tents all grouped around a high command tower . A total of 3200 boys were rotated through the camp in fortnightly intervals. The camp commander was Bannführer Vierdeck.

The Sahlenburg camp (pics 3 and 4) catered for 3700 boys and was commanded by Bannführer Klüver. This camp also had a high central command tower. The day before the official opening of the camp (Sunday 5.7), five specially chartered steamers carrying many of the boys' parents docked in Cuxhaven so that they could visit their children.

Attachments

Hi Michael,

I found a little more on the Nordmarklager 1936 just now. The first Nordmarklager was definitely held in 1935 by the way. Certainly In 1936 it consisted of two separate camp locations: Nordmarklager I Sahlenburg near Cuxhaven held between 7.7. and 21.7. and Nordmarklager II Brahmsee near Nortorf held between 6.7 and 16.8.

The Brahmsee camp (pic 2) was split into five distinct areas comprising a total of two hundred tents all grouped around a high command tower . A total of 3200 boys were rotated through the camp in fortnightly intervals. The camp commander was Bannführer Vierdeck.

The Sahlenburg camp (pics 3 and 4) catered for 3700 boys and was commanded by Bannführer Klüver. This camp also had a high central command tower. The day before the official opening of the camp (Sunday 5.7), five specially chartered steamers carrying many of the boys' parents docked in Cuxhaven so that they could visit their children.

Seeing articles like these the HJ organisation truly was a fantastic set up Offering things like these camps to the youth of the day, and this is only one Gebiet. I really need to learn how to read German.

Back