Two HJ Tinnies - Rare?

Thanks Received
Sporttage der Jugend Steyr Oberdonau 1941
Ostmark Landdienst der HJ 1938

Hello HJ Collectors.

I have these two HJ tinnies and I can´t find any information on these.
I´m wondering if they are rare, because I just can´t find them on Internet.

What do you guys think? I don´t own these (yet) But I might buy them. What is okay price for them?

Here is the first one:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I haven't seen the Steyr tinnie before. Nice design. How much is your seller asking for them hlynur?

Yea I saw that other Steyr tinnie on this forum. I´m going to the antique shop tomorrow and buy it. I will post better pictures also.

These tinnies are not found by detectorist. These two and other tinnies comes from legacies her in Iceland. The owner here had pen pal in Germany many years ago. I just found these two more interesting because I had not seen them before

Last edited:
One other thing. Can anyone here tell me what this ostmark badge was for? Was it for regular HJ service in Austria in 1938?

These tinnies are not found by detectorist. These two and other tinnies comes from legacies her in Iceland. The owner here had pen pal in Germany many years ago
Ah, okay

One other thing. Can anyone here tell me what this ostmark badge was for? Was it for regular HJ service in Austria in 1938?

No, the Odal rune and sword are the symbols of the Landdienst. I don't know why a meeting/event badge was produced but this would have been the first year in which the previously illegal HJ in Austria would have been able to take part in the Landdienst programme. Prior to 1938 there was a similar movement called Grenzlanddienst (organised by the Deutscher Schulverein Südmark) so perhaps this M9 badge is somehow commemorating the work carried out in agriculture by the youth prior to the Anschluss. I don't know.

Really nice Tinnies and not so common, the price is more than fair.

Good luck.

Best Regards

Back