Zeltlager Gebiet 13 1935 certificate and blue 'tinnie'

crack

Thanks Received

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I can think of is that this was perhaps the fundraiser 'tinnie' and the metal one was worn by those who attended the camp. That's just a guess though.

Hi gary have you found any evedens about founraier tinnies ther are a lot of differnt colurs red grey and white for the gebitzaufmarch west9 i think collect100 have them

Hi Tomas,

No, I haven't seen anything on the different colours unfortunately. I didn't even know that they existed until you mentioned Collect100's badges :) The fundraiser thing is just a guess as I say.

There are a few Day badges that are made in many colors. I know of a few Austrian ones that are found in Blue, Yellow, red, green and white... who knows really.
Looks like a perfectly good trolitul badge to me, although the seller does have some fakes up for sale now, and does have 2 of these up...[ one / two ]... i still like it.

Hi is ther any one that have seen this type of needel befor The plastic tinnies that i have do nott have this type ( plastic do anyone know how expensive this was in this period)

Well in theory over 30.000 of this Tinnies was made, or supposed to be made, as that was the numbers of attendants to those camps (1).

There are many other events in which there were made many types of the same Tinnie, for example Würzburg July 1934 (3 Types), Landau (2 Types), etc.

But, having said that, it is a really scarce one (in case it is a period badge), and suddenly, 2 in the same shop? HEy, it can happens, of course.

REgards

Antonio

(1)http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f131/gebiet-13-zeltlager-1935-magazine-6104/

The same, but in alu.

Attachments

No dogs in this race, but i do know a fair bit about attachments. My younger brother (not so young now) works in the UK, in the plastic injection molding business, so i have been exposed to that side of casting as well, hands on, so have a basic understanding of how it works. Even though i cant say if this badge is real or a "color-version" fantasy, i could question the "needle/attachment" problems with the following 3 points;

1. Why go to (quite a bit of) trouble (From wax model to end product is not achieved overnight) to create a mold for this badge, and forget to include any kind of attachment fixture/plate/lugs/groove/etc... then simply go and expose your forgery by gluing on a post war attachment? Because the attachment is glued on!
2. The attachment in question, is like the vast majority of small badge attachments, produced from the late 19th C. to present, so it could be from 1933 as easily as it could be from 2013, thats a fact.
3.Collectors of WHW items will testify that needles are sometimes glued on, and strange attachments are found too, attachments that we dont usually find on officially produced small badges - stuff that was regulated was not fitted with any old Tom Dick or Harry attachment, there were specifications as to where makers should get the attachments from, we know this from period documents. But run of the mill stuff, like "tinnies" are, are found in many strange variations, with no idea as to why. Nonetheless they are original.

Dont get me wrong, i have not said at all on this thread that i think the blue badge is genuine, but do have questions about the attachment "problems" that were raised here. The material itself, Trolit/trolitul or whatever you want to call it, i would not have a problem with the year 1935 here either, as it is, give or take a year or two, about the right time when this material played an important role in small event badges and the like.. and is found advertised in this manner, as a good alternative for messing etc... And we know that around this time makers went Ape. We find all manner of small "plastic", if you will, badges made in Red, blue, Grey, Green, White-the list goes on.. so the color shouldn't be a problem really? or should it?

Back