Article on the HJ Honour Badge. Makers, Variations and Fakes

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Here's an exclusive for the forum :thumb: An article on the HJ Honour badge. Badge analysis and photos from Wim and the regulations, history and proofreading by me. It will appear in other venues too but it's exclusive for now :)

I hope that you find it useful.

This content can only be viewed by: Blue Group members.

Attachments

Nicely done! Very organized with helpful reference/comparison photos.

Great reference information when I am ready to add this one to the collection.

Thanks Garry and Wim!

Nicely done! Very organized with helpful reference/comparison photos.

Great reference information when I am ready to add this one to the collection.

Thanks Garry and Wim!

Well, that was the primary goal; help collectors who want to buy such an award but are not certain because of all the variations.:001_smile:

Garry and Wim
You guys have to re-write..... it seems.....:nono::pound:
LINK
It was listed at the War Relics forum for ages, so you cant blame the dealer :bored:
edit: just remembered, John Brandon is a member here :uk http://www.hj-research.com/forum/members/john-brandon/

Hitler Youth Golden Badge of Honour . A good early example with the impressed number ’3333′. with the manufacturers code F.B.H. Where the F&B are inside the stylized “H”. This manufacturer has not yet been identified, but the badge displays the correct 1st pattern fixing pin and catch that would have been RZM controlled.
Obverse with full enamel in excellent condition, see photos, with translucent red allowing the multi-dimpled metal to show through. Showing light use overall.All in all an excellent badge with an unusual number!!!

Attachments

Last edited:
You got an eagle eye Jo! I sometimes wonder how many hours you daily spent on the world wide web?

I have also not received many reactions about the new situation of the M1/70. I wonder what will happen as the next M1/70 will be posted on the WAF...:h

I'm happy that I received some nice comments from collectors who are authors from books. But when I offered the article for free on a few forums, I was a bit disappointed by the low response. It seems that not many collectors are interested in the HJ Ehrenzeichen. Besides HJ Research here, it only went to 37 other collectors. And that for a free article???:crying:

Regards, Wim

Last edited:
Wim, it only gets worse really :)
I wrote an article for a mag. a few years back, in 2011 i think, about the fake paper SA badges. A few months after the article came out, one was listed as genuine by a dealer who uses that collectors mag to place his full page adverts in :)
:canada1
Those who are really interested, will appreciate what you do, the rest, well they are not important at all. It took me a while to finally accept that, but thats the way it is. look at Coleman and his Maurice crap? 350.000 dollars of crap. But it`s all up for sale now, regardless what he has been told the past 5 years about it.
You just have to accept that many in this hobby are not interested in reading or learning, and already know it all. So, you have to do, what you do - writing etc.. - not for them, but for those who care.

Hey Wim and Garry

When is your next essay coming out ?

I can't wait !

Best

P

PS Just pulling your chain guys....but....it would be nice ;-)

OK Wim......Garry is in...soooo...

Best

P

PS I'm getting a bit cheeky I know .... but .... we'll all love it if you did :)

OK Wim......Garry is in...soooo...

Best

P

PS I'm getting a bit cheeky I know .... but .... we'll all love it if you did :)

Hi Panther,

I have thinked about it really. But after writing this little article I can only have more respect for men like Jo who are capable to write a book of 520 pages about the humble party pin. It takes so many time to write a few pages.
Also the HJ Ehrenzeichen is since many years important in my collection, so it was not a very hard job to find pictures and information. A lot of work was already done a few years back And not forget: Garry had also a lot of valuable extra researche to add.

Let's assume that we did this with the HJ shooting awards, the DJ abzeichen or the first pattern HJ membership pin, it would takes ages before I had build up a collection of these little buggers. And besides that they are,certainly in the case of the HJ shooting badge, a ten times bigger mine field!

I collect HJ-enamel, enamel in general, Combat Awards, textiles and daggers, and sometimes all this together drives me crazy :h

Regards, Wim

Hi there Wim

Of course - I understand completely. I was also teasing a bit ;-) Time is always in short supply.

Still, if one day you guys decide to have a go again I will be a very willing reader my friend. I have learnt alot on the HJ Ehrenzeichen thanks to your and Garry's efforts.

Respectfully,

P

Been had again lol...... hadn't been on here for a while. I forgot my password. Gary kindly re set for me today. Evan gave me the heads up on the badge. Honestly thought it was ok. Bummer. ... I've removed it now. Good forbid there's enough dealers selling fakes don't want to be one of em 😊

Been had again lol...
I wouldn't say you have been "had" at all. The seller obviously thought it was genuine, and it was listed at WRF eStand for a very long time, with - presumably -nobody raising any questions about it. So i guess, that when you bought it, you were just "going with the flow" as everyone else does, buying and selling, according to the "whats accepted" modus.
Thats all fair and well, and i am sure the way it has always been done.

This way of "doing it" always leads to problems later down the line, though. I know that better than anyone. I didn't "start out" where i am today, and believe it of not, up until only a few years ago, i too, bought and sold, with the same mentality.

It grieves me to say it, but everyone's out to catch you. Well that's what I believe. The old story "I don't collect them" seems to come into play when selling anything dodgy. I've been a dealer for over 10 years now, and yes, I've had the odd fake, I think we all have, but I do try to keep on top of it all, however, it does me no favours, because that money is now lost, and I can't get it back. Over the years, I've made less and less money from this, where others have made fortunes, so where am I going wrong? I'd love to know. I pay good money for good stuff, and still loose :)

Oh well, I enjoy the chase

We may not forget that it is not all sun shine for the dealers. On some fairs they have to make very quick decisions. When a local German picker unload his new stuff early in the morning, everybody jumps on it and grasp what they can with the money in the other free hand. Once they come home and pay a closer look, they find out they made probably a mistake.

Regards, Wim

Back