Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Rivett View Post
    Garry and Wim
    You guys have to re-write..... it seems.....
    lol

He hasn't been on for a while but I'll enable the download of the article for inactive members now. Hopefully he'll read it.

Please login to view user info
    Hey Wim and Garry

When is your next essay coming out ?

I can't wait !

Best

P

PS Just pulling your chain guys....but....it would be nice ;-)

I would definitely do something like this again :)

OK Wim......Garry is in...soooo...

Best

P

PS I'm getting a bit cheeky I know .... but .... we'll all love it if you did :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    OK Wim......Garry is in...soooo...

Best

P

PS I'm getting a bit cheeky I know .... but .... we'll all love it if you did :-)
    Hi Panther,

I have thinked about it really. But after writing this little article I can only have more respect for men like Jo who are capable to write a book of 520 pages about the humble party pin. It takes so many time to write a few pages.
    Also the HJ Ehrenzeichen is since many years important in my collection, so it was not a very hard job to find pictures and information. A lot of work was already done a few years back And not forget: Garry had also a lot of valuable extra researche to add.

Let's assume that we did this with the HJ shooting awards, the DJ abzeichen or the first pattern HJ membership pin, it would takes ages before I had build up a collection of these little buggers. And besides that they are,certainly in the case of the HJ shooting badge, a ten times bigger mine field!

I collect HJ-enamel, enamel in general, Combat Awards, textiles and daggers, and sometimes all this together drives me crazy

Regards, Wim

Hi there Wim

Of course - I understand completely. I was also teasing a bit ;-) Time is always in short supply.

Still, if one day you guys decide to have a go again I will be a very willing reader my friend. I have learnt alot on the HJ Ehrenzeichen thanks to your and Garry's efforts.

Respectfully,

P

Been had again lol...... hadn't been on here for a while. I forgot my password. Gary kindly re set for me today. Evan gave me the heads up on the badge. Honestly thought it was ok. Bummer. ... I've removed it now. Good forbid there's enough dealers selling fakes don't want to be one of em 😊

Quote Originally Posted by John Brandon View Post
    Been had again lol...
    I wouldn't say you have been "had" at all. The seller obviously thought it was genuine, and it was listed at WRF eStand for a very long time, with - presumably -nobody raising any questions about it. So i guess, that when you bought it, you were just "going with the flow" as everyone else does, buying and selling, according to the "whats accepted" modus.
    Thats all fair and well, and i am sure the way it has always been done.

This way of "doing it" always leads to problems later down the line, though. I know that better than anyone. I didn't "start out" where i am today, and believe it of not, up until only a few years ago, i too, bought and sold, with the same mentality.

It grieves me to say it, but everyone's out to catch you. Well that's what I believe. The old story "I don't collect them" seems to come into play when selling anything dodgy. I've been a dealer for over 10 years now, and yes, I've had the odd fake, I think we all have, but I do try to keep on top of it all, however, it does me no favours, because that money is now lost, and I can't get it back. Over the years, I've made less and less money from this, where others have made fortunes, so where am I going wrong? I'd love to know. I pay good money for good stuff, and still loose :)

Oh well, I enjoy the chase

We may not forget that it is not all sun shine for the dealers. On some fairs they have to make very quick decisions. When a local German picker unload his new stuff early in the morning, everybody jumps on it and grasp what they can with the money in the other free hand. Once they come home and pay a closer look, they find out they made probably a mistake.

Regards, Wim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast