Christopher Ailsby and the Golden HJ Honour Badge with Oak leaves.

You will note on the Axis forum thread, where these supposed 30 odd "identified" names (sources listed are: from notes and photos) are published by poster Coburg22, there is not a single "Awarded" number mentioned. The caption of "Approx. 250 awarded" is based on now Debunked facts and figures. In Post 14, Warlord claimed:
As to a list, that is something I am working on now. Got about 30.
I wonder if this is his own research, or if he has just copied what user Coburg22 posted at Axis ? If it was his own research, maybe there would be a few new names to add to that list at Axis? Warlord, can you add anything, confirm, deny?

If this list at Axis is correct so far, then we have a mix of SS-Brigadeführer, Gauleiter, Reichsleiter and Reichsminister. Another aspect to consider, when judging the Importance of this award, with regards a zinc version, in-wear version, muli-colors and multi-designs.... from a multitude of makers.

Dion,
Sometimes fisty cuffs are necessary. The reference to your Fantasy badge was made by me and not by Garry, in order to prove the same point i did with Mr Ailsbys book. After all, he has Authenticated a stupid GPB that would not pass through any forum or any basic collection as Original, then goes on to lecture us about the Multitude of HJ Oak leaf versions based on nothing but his opinion and what he owns, which is in direct conflict with well researched and documented History, published years before by some of the most Knowledgeable Historians in the Militaria business. ( Published in the interest of History and not future Financial gain, remember now, Mr Ailsby will be looking to part with all of his self-documented Originals at some point) So for this reason, i took the simplest of Known fantasy badges off your site, which you had authenticated as Genuine, in order to back up any later posts i made with reference to you believing that your Gold washed Silver stamped badge could stand a chance. Thats all. In short, it was a point of reference to state that: If this person authenticated this fantasy item, then anything else he claims, or states concerning much higher awards, should be taken with pinch of salt. You are of course free to list whatever you like, at whatever prices, using whatever you like as Back up or proof, be it "your area" or not. So it was not a stab at you, as such, but rather back up for me, as i am not usually in the habit of posting one liners or posts that dont contain at least some substantial info, or a reference of sorts.
Yes Fakes slip through, but for my part, i don't "tell" people anymore that they are selling rubbish, that usually turns out counter productive and they take offense, or think that the person mailing them is "watching" them, or is a Know-it-all. Even if they publicly state otherwise. I speak from experience here, and have had many OK-ish internet relationships turn sour because of exactly this.

Last edited:
Hi,

Metal, you are Jo from CH? Please excuse me asking because Iam not familiar with the user names here.

Dion

Or CZ I always confuse the 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well anyway Metal, I wrote a reply to your thread but the time expired on the reply and I do consider your little jab as an insult.

Fisty cuffs are one thing over a badge but a reference to my website that has completed thousands of deals many of which are members on this site including BDM items and HJ is a downright insult.

I find it childish and counter productive to anything involved with any subject here.

I have been in business for near a decade and have done thousands of deals. Pointing out one 60 dollar badge is ridiculous to oust me as ignorant.

I have absolutely nothing to hide on my website and iam quite proud of it.

If you have an agenda with WAF then make a seperate thread, WAF is not responsible for me buying this badge nor am I responsible for WAF banning you which is not my business.

I like this forum and WAF also, if thats a sin then so be it. all I have doneis purchase a badge and give my opinion on it, hell I hardly think of the badge more then 2 times a day lol.

Best
Dion

Pointing out one 60 dollar badge is ridiculous to oust me as ignorant.
Hi Dion, could you please show me where i, or anyone referred to you in this manner?
Once more:
In short, it was a point of reference to state that: If this person authenticated this fantasy item, then anything else he claims, or states concerning much higher awards, should be taken with pinch of salt.

You know the content of what you wrote and linked the piece out as well . It needs not further description. You took a jab at me and that obvious. This thread here is for HJ Honor pins. Not anything to do with my site or me and you. Let it continue on that. Gee, nice 1st intro into here.

You know the content of what you wrote and linked the piece out as well . It needs not further description. You took a jab at me and that obvious. Funny you have tried to buy some minor pieces off me which unfortunately were not in stock. We have corresponded in a friendly manner and I wake up to your little link, pretty lame.
Now you have the answer to why i never Inform people when they are selling Fakes and Fantasy items, their response is usually like this :closedeyes:

Back to the Topic at hand.
On ioffer now for $2000.- Authenticated by using a mention from Formanns 2001 book, which uses Nimmergut as his reference, which has already been examined and Debunked by K. Patzwall using documented research. Just thought i would show you first hand what damage Reference books that are not based on any research, but rather on opinions are doing to the hobby.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Thread cleaned up. This discussion is about the Goldenes Ehrenzeichen chaps and I would ask all participants to restrict discussion to that. Dion, your accusation that your business was described as nothing more than an outlet for fakes and fantasies is totally unjustified. No one said that. One badge in your inventory was pointed out as being a fake - not your complete inventory. I hope that we can now return to discussion of the Goldenes Ehrenzeichen.

Thanks.

Please return to the discussion by all means. I will not be returning to this. It is a fine forum you have here but Jo is out of line and it was quite clear what he said.

Bye,
Dion

Where did he say that your inventory is full of fakes Dion? I can't see it and there was no such comment in the posts which were pruned.

Edit: Is this the post you mean? If so I see a comparison being made at that point in the discussion between your assessment of the party badge before you put it on your site for sale and how that decision might have repercussions for your assessment of the Goldenes Ehrenzeichen you recently found. He was not saying that this applies to everything on your site.

Anyway, as I said, this thread is about the Ehrenzeichen so let's get back to that.

Hi Garry,

I have time now so I will try to completely go through the thread concerning the badge .I will post pics of it when it arrives.

Best,
Dion

Hi,

Now Iam interested in these pins. I have not got to the last pages of this thread yet. If I gather correctly Ailsby claims there is a silver version. I am pretty sure the one coming to me is 835 stamped and silver. I cannot see from the photos if it is 835 but Iam pretty sure it will be. Is the overall concensus here that silver ones were never produced and Chris is the only one that claims they were produced? Also, is there a reason a silver one would be produced?

Dion

Ok, I see now a silver would be for walking out. I take it there is no period documentation of this being issued or produced?

Ok, I see now a silver would be for walking out. I take it there is no period documentation of this being issued or produced?

where is that coming from? the consensus is that if not in solid gold and with air tight provenance you should run. There is no reason on earth for making this in any material other than gold.

i Paul

Iam asking if that is the general concensus. Please, I do not specialize in political or HJ. I only have a fair knoweldge of GPBs and general political awards. Iam trying to get up to speed on these. So, you are saying if the badge is not gold it is fake.

D

Last edited:
absolutely these where a very high status award and IMO awarded in such low numbers that it would be totally wrong to find these in any other material than gold. I firmly believe that the points put forward by JO are beyond correct and we are dealing with another ANGOLIA TYPE fraud here with these. but only my opinion after studying the facts put forward

PAUL

absolutely these where a very high status award and IMO awarded in such low numbers that it would be totally wrong to find these in any other material than gold. I firmly believe that the points put forward by JO are beyond correct and we are dealing with another ANGOLIA TYPE fraud here with these. but only my opinion after studying the facts put forward

PAUL

Hi Paul,

Thats why Iam asking lol. Believe me Iam not trying to verify it. I knew enough about them to know it was different from the horrible fakes I see. I had little time so I jumped on it being it was worth it to check it out. I still have yet to read the Patzwall article that is linked out. Is there any documentation or theories put out that a walking out version was issued? I apologize for asking questions which are probably basic knoweldge to people who specialize in these but as I have said i have 0 experience with these. My gut said to get it , so I did. Believe me if it were in the thousands I would not have even thought about it.

best,
Dion

Hi

I thought thats what was said on the silver. I have been looking all over the net for info. Trying to find any info on why a silver would be produced.

Back