Christopher Ailsby and the Golden HJ Honour Badge with Oak leaves.

WARLORD

Banned
Thanks Received
Moderator Edit: Please take time to read this thread from beginning to end. Warlord (Christopher Ailsby) started off confidently here but when the questions and counter-arguments appeared he disconnected from the discussion as is usual in cases like this. He was unable to show any primary literature in support of his position and there is a strong suspicion that he was simply misusing this forum and attempting to somehow legitimise these highly disputed badges.

Golden HJ Honour Badge with Oak leaves. There are some most interesting differences between the Badges.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
hi
great to see you here, are the badges marked with the silver/gold content on the back
sut

That's a cool looking set. Why are there differences in the badges? Different makers or time periods? I'm not good with badges at all.

Thanks for the kind welcome. They are marked, the one on the right is the dress wear, this has no mark being zinc

the first and third badge look the same just a v.good cond silver gilt and a well worn gold, the midlle badge though is very differant the entire oakleaves are a diff design

Last edited:
The first is a siver gilt piece, there was no silver badge in this type of award. The third is the dress copy of the first badge. The reason for the design change is as yet not known. The citation has the middle piece at the top, the one that Dr Fritz Todt had was the type as the first piece. So great work to be done. As there were only approx 250 awarded, a bit of a rare Bear as they say.

As to a list, that is something I am working on now. Got about 30.

Gefolgschaft, ask as many questions as you like. I may not be able to answer them, but will always try. Also possibly knows "a man who can".

any ideas what the criteria was to be awarded one of these badges, due to the fact only 250 where awarded i assume it was quite stringent

According to Patzwall the number of 250 awarded (stated by Littlejohn in 1968 and not revised in later publications) has never been substantiated by a period reference. Does that still hold true Warlord? He points at a far lower number as being nearer the truth and states that 25 awardees had been identified at that time.

There has to bee some sort of record kept on recipients because it's such a high award,maybe yet to be discovered in german archives.

Garry you might be quite right, the number is going to be low. I have 30 names confirmed, with the last award 30 Jan 1944. I believe originally it was the Good Doctor, Dr K who gave the figure to David Littlejohn.

Would the reciepients have more than one copy of the badge? I know that the more prominant in position and rank had numerous uniforms. Would they switch awards etc. when donning different uniforms or did they have the uniforms ready to go with all the medals, awards etc?

Back