Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    You agreed that Patzwall was a good researcher a few posts back, there you go then, Patzwall slams The name mentioned in your article over and over again in more than one book, with reference to the HJ oak leaf as well :closedeyes: you also stated in the linked post above that you did not know Nimmergut, so why are you posting one of his articles here? what could this possibly prove? especially seeing as Nimmerguts reputation, and Plenty of what he has claimed, just like you, has been Smashed by people like Patzwall, and Hüsken. The man has been proven wrong, proven that he published crap and made up figures, proven that he writes about things he does not research fully.

Enough monkeying around, please start answering the questions posed to you. Lets start here....
    • You stated, plenty of Provenance with these HJ Oak leaf badges. We are still waiting for this Provenance ?
    • Give us one period mention that these badges were available in Gold, silver and Zinc ?
    • Give us an Example of a High class award made in 835. silver, stamped as such, and then gold plated/gold washed
    • Prove that the German Order, awarded 10 times, was made in various metals
    • Do you own all the items in your book, as i find no individual credits?

Do you not find it strange, that people like Patzwall and Hüsken, do not support the theory of multiple designs, and various metals, but both only support the Solid Gold with Oak leaf border as seen on the HH auction picture, or, if you will, border as seen on the Todt funeral pillow? They both present facts and figures, slam Nimmerguts assumptions and have published their research, which is a damn sight more than you have done. You have trolled around the net for years now, assuming various patterns, various metals, various jewelers, various catches, various ways of attaching the Diamond to the planchet, various usages for the various pieces and so on, and have even published these claims in 2010 in your Book supported with not one single factual piece of evidence, or similar occurrence or document, a book which is riddled full of known crap into the bargain, and you expect the collecting community of 2011 to believe you ? to listen to you, to take you seriously ? Please start to get serious, start by simply answering the questions above in the box. That is surely not too much to ask, i have invested my time here, Debunking your HJ variant badge with Proof, Debunking your Lauer GPB with Proof, so please return the Favor and answer my few, simple questions.

Lets also not forget to mention, that the Link i showed, of the HH badge that sold for €5500.- in solid gold, does not look like this,
    Here are the pictures of the Solid Gold badge at HH, that sold for €5100.- (not €5500.- as i previously stated) or $7000.- in 2009.
    You can compare the pictures, and pattern of both the stippling and border, and you will see that it was not made using the same die as the above fakes were.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please login to view user info

golden HJ honour badge with oak leaves

Hi,

what do you think about that rare badge? Material silver (stamped 835), gold plated? Number 170 could be ok (lower than ~400).

Thanks for comments!

And the rarities come a-rollin-in
    Same thing happened recently on the SA Silver Birds head dagger thread on WAF... incredibly rare, only one known to exist, until the thread developed... then they came pouring in from all 4 corners.
    Garry, any chance of merging this post to the Oak leaf thread ?
    https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f28...ak-leaves-741/

I don't believe this badge has a hope in hell of being real. I don't believe they were numbered (the Solid gold examples seen to date are not numbered with the awarded number, and i don't believe there were 400, or even 250 awarded. I agree with Patzwall and Hüsken that they were only made in solid gold, and that only a few were awarded, 20-40 possibly.

I thought I'd add the one currently listed on the forthcoming Hermann Historica auction......

Cheers
    Don

t
    Quote Originally Posted by Scowen View Post
    I thought I'd add the one currently listed on the forthcoming Hermann Historica auction......

Cheers
    Don
    Made using the same die as in post 110. A clear fake.
    While we are on about HH, here is a fake GPB they sold in 2009
    I guess Mr Ailsby now has extra info for his nex book in 2012....
    "New evidence, Deschler & Son made them too, in Buntmetall"
    although he already stated that they were all jeweler made?' oh dear... confusion... time to put pen to paper.......

Quote Originally Posted by Scowen View Post

Cheers
    Don
    and what the hell is that? Fake or unknown variant. It has a rahter crude appereance and has traces of gilding. The reverse has at least the name correctly spelled with the points on the "U".
    However, I'm glad I get only involved with the "common" HJ honour award

Quote Originally Posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
    and what the hell is that?
    It`s the only known example of a Deschler badge that has the Name hand engraved into the reverse and not incorporated into the die.
    It`s Pooh Wim, that's what it is.

Compare the HH desch- badge to mine and the fake Weitze one, edzackery the same dies
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 22nd September 2011 at 08:14 PM.

The more we look..... the more we find...

Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    It`s the only known example of a Deschler badge that has the Name hand engraved into the reverse and not incorporated into the die.
    It`s Pooh Wim, that's what it is.

Compare the HH desch- badge to mine and the fake Weitze one, edzackery the same dies
    I see you're point, Jo. And considering the price these things go, its no problem to take the time for nice engraving work...

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast