Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Hi Garry,

I have time now so I will try to completely go through the thread concerning the badge .I will post pics of it when it arrives.

Best,
    Dion

Thanks Dion.

Hi,

Now Iam interested in these pins. I have not got to the last pages of this thread yet. If I gather correctly Ailsby claims there is a silver version. I am pretty sure the one coming to me is 835 stamped and silver. I cannot see from the photos if it is 835 but Iam pretty sure it will be. Is the overall concensus here that silver ones were never produced and Chris is the only one that claims they were produced? Also, is there a reason a silver one would be produced?

Dion

Ok, I see now a silver would be for walking out. I take it there is no period documentation of this being issued or produced?

Quote Originally Posted by MDM View Post
    Ok, I see now a silver would be for walking out. I take it there is no period documentation of this being issued or produced?
    where is that coming from? the consensus is that if not in solid gold and with air tight provenance you should run. There is no reason on earth for making this in any material other than gold.

i Paul

Iam asking if that is the general concensus. Please, I do not specialize in political or HJ. I only have a fair knoweldge of GPBs and general political awards. Iam trying to get up to speed on these. So, you are saying if the badge is not gold it is fake.

D
    Last edited by MDM; 27th September 2011 at 06:33 PM.

absolutely these where a very high status award and IMO awarded in such low numbers that it would be totally wrong to find these in any other material than gold. I firmly believe that the points put forward by JO are beyond correct and we are dealing with another ANGOLIA TYPE fraud here with these. but only my opinion after studying the facts put forward

PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by PAUL AYERST View Post
    absolutely these where a very high status award and IMO awarded in such low numbers that it would be totally wrong to find these in any other material than gold. I firmly believe that the points put forward by JO are beyond correct and we are dealing with another ANGOLIA TYPE fraud here with these. but only my opinion after studying the facts put forward

PAUL
    Hi Paul,

Thats why Iam asking lol. Believe me Iam not trying to verify it. I knew enough about them to know it was different from the horrible fakes I see. I had little time so I jumped on it being it was worth it to check it out. I still have yet to read the Patzwall article that is linked out. Is there any documentation or theories put out that a walking out version was issued? I apologize for asking questions which are probably basic knoweldge to people who specialize in these but as I have said i have 0 experience with these. My gut said to get it , so I did. Believe me if it were in the thousands I would not have even thought about it.

best,
    Dion

I do not know where this walking out version theory is coming from but IMO it is just another cover to sell the junk

PAUL

Hi

I thought thats what was said on the silver. I have been looking all over the net for info. Trying to find any info on why a silver would be produced.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast