Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Tom Johnson, the Granddaddy of all Daggers - by night - and peddler of cheap crap by day.
    Un-frigging-real......... he doesnt just sell fake and fantasy daggers, noooooo - he goes beyond the call of dagger-duty and peddles crap badges too!

Item description:
    One of the rarest Third Reich National awards, this badge was stored in a bedroom storage chest in Belgium for over 50 years. The badge, along with several other HJ items, was recently obtained from the nephew of the gentleman who originally acquired the items at the end of WWII. A photograph of this pattern badge appears on page 184 of The HJ, Volume II by John R. Angolia, with the caption, "Minor variation of the honour Badge w/Oak Leaves". Badge features a stylized oak leaf border surrounding a red & white enameled HJ emblem with black enamel center swastika. Oak leaf border and emblem show only light surface wear with a few hairline cracks to one portion of the white enamel, but no damage to the swastika. Reverse badge features correct safety style pin and is marked, "RZM" and "BM1/122". Reverse is without serial number. An extremely rare badge in superb condition! Exc++ (20208) $1,895.
    gotta l♥ve his big, clear images...(sarcasm).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please login to view user info
    unbelievable , theres no way he doesnt know its crap, these big sellers feel they have to answer to nobody and can make anything genuine to make a quick buck

Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    unbelievable , theres no way he doesn't know its crap, these big sellers feel they have to answer to nobody and can make anything genuine to make a quick buck
    I`ve felt this way for a long time, it`s really an insult on the collectors intelligence. The BM1/122 has already been outed in-print as a fantasy mark by people like Klaus Patzwall.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    it`s really an insult on the collectors intelligence
    Yup. Not even the slightest attempt to explain that B. Has anyone read his 'Banter' pages? He turns research by a german Schützenverein into a Robin Hood story about himself. Almost amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    He turns the research of a german Schützenverein into a Robin Hood story about himself. Almost amusing.
    Anything else would be a disappointment.

Someone should report him to the Authorities that oversee the location he is doingbusiness in such as the Better Business Bureau in the USA! He needs to be stopped for the sake of the hobby!!!!! This kind of thing hurts new people from getting into the great world of collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerMan View Post
    Someone should report him to the Authorities that oversee the location he is doingbusiness in such as the Better Business Bureau in the USA! He needs to be stopped for the sake of the hobby!!!!! This kind of thing hurts new people from getting into the great world of collecting.
    You cant discredit God, and thats what he and his friend Wittman have convinced the community they are; from the horses mouth:
    LTC Johnson's reputation and knowledge on the subject of edged weapons are such that his expertise and authentications are accepted by the collecting community as the final stamp of approval.

I suggest; dont get angry, multiple forum postings about the crap they sell wont harm them, take your time, and expose their sordid game in a book dedicated to exposing the crooks of the hobby. You could fill 1000 pages with the junk they have published as original, and the crap they sell as original... that way it would be in-print, and they would NEED to reply. You think they will ever show up on a forum to reply? GOD does not do forums, and as he writes himself, rather cheeky and arrogant, My word is accepted as the FINAL STAMP OF APPROVAL! (its a wonder his head had not exploded yet)

Johnson Reference Books and Militaria

man i need a couple of pain killers now! when i was last in here you were awaiting the book i feared then i would know the outcome, nice to see i want proved wrong!

you certainly have persistence Jo, clearly your a good egg! now give us the book!!

The second badge in post one, now that better images are available, seems to show the following:
    From the obverse image, it is clear that its a 2 piece construction, with rivets or lugs showing through the reverse.
    So it is actually then, 2 different items, a messing membership badge, and a casing of unknown metal.

If you observe closely how the membership badge is fitted into the casing, you will see that it has had two sides filed down, to make it fit!
    So it is nothing more than a regular HJ membership badge, made from messing, and fitted (forcefully) into a gold colored casing.
    A clever combination of period with post war, making it very difficult to say why its fake, because its not actually fake, if the membership badge used is genuine, and it looks to be, then most of it is genuine,
    just not genuine in the sense of being a genuine gold HJ Oak leave award. Well thats how i see this badge

ailsbydede.jpg

Hi All! What do you think about badge below? It's marked 835 silver, came from one old collecton.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast