Christopher Ailsby and the Golden HJ Honour Badge with Oak leaves.

Were the solid gold versions simply a higher status version of the same award?
It was called Ehrenzeichen in Gold, because it was in solid gold, even the replacements according to the letter from Schirach to Saukel. were in Echtgold. No numbers ever mentioned in the sparse period evidence so far, and funny enough, even on Bouhlers Urkunde, there is no number.
Garry, on that numbered one, well the attachment is just not Deschler, the hand engraved makers details, is also just not close to anything by Deschler on small badges we know of, especially honor badges/awards. The HJ diamond could well be genuine, thats what will throw you, the rest is rubbish for sure with possibly a magnetic base material from the looks of it. And people know it is rubbish, thats why it has gone back-n-fro for so long. (until someone bites i guess)

Hi Jo,

Yes, I was going at this more from the angle of how this Gebietsführer knew that serial number if we assume that he was awarded the Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ. He mentions the serial number with pride but is he simply getting badges mixed up i.e. badge made of gold (Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ) or gold-coloured badge (HJ-Ehrenzeichen)? Only one of them is known to have a serial number of course.

I'm not trying to legitimise the badges at the links with this info from Kohlmeyer's bio. Definitely not. I was just interested in how Kohlmeyer knew that number (and why he was so proud of it) when it isn't noted on the badge or on the certificate. As you say, the badges at the links are patently not 585 gold awarded badges. But... there is still the argument hanging in the air about "dress copies". It would be logical for the wearer to put an award serial number on something like that if they ever existed during the period. Currently there is no evidence to suggest that they did so we're almost back to square one but not quite because the Kohlmeyer bio with its mention of a serial number is still very intriguing.

Update: I subsequently found another awardee who described the badge in the same way and stated that he had serial number 631. It's clear that these men were simply using the incorrect term for the badge. What they received was the HJ-Ehrenzeichen. Lists updated.

What do you guys think of this one?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Does anyone have pics of the reverse of Trude Mohr's badge shown here? It's the first badge shown in that post.

Attachments

The reverse was the same as this one below. As were all obverse`s of the four or five we have seen the past 10 years sell through HH.
So, why is there one manufacturer, one set of dies, one way of assembling them with no parts-piece - rivet (o-ring clamps) for the few documented originals with provenance, and then a totally different set of dies made, and a totally different way of assembling them?
I don`t buy it at all, just based on contruction and dies of the known genuine`s. Considering how few were awarded.

To me, that`s a fake in solid gold, nothing more nothing less. And as we know, Weitze had (or still has) a modern poor fake of these that he was trying to fob off as genuine for €3000.- or more a while ago, so when it comes to these it`s already established that they are, or have, listed fakes of these. (A fake so easy to spot as fake, yet still they tried to sell it as genuine) that`s my 5 cents.

Attachments

Cheers Jo :thumb: Yes, those posts and collars on the Weitze badge did make me wonder.

PS I see that Weitze is on the "DJ knife" gravy train. He has two up at the moment (the type without the scabbard diamond)...

Cheers Jo :thumb: Yes, those posts and collars on the Weitze badge did make me wonder.

PS I see that Weitze is on the "DJ knife" gravy train. He has two up at the moment (the type without the scabbard diamond)...

Ha ha ha, that would not surprise me at all, the amount of pure shite that they sell. It seems that that dealer Serge, who also happens to be Thomas Wittmann`s table helper, who just so happens to be the Mod of the WAF daggers section, has done his job well, by keeping their dream alive. I hope at least that he is getting a cut from all the sales, for his sake, otherwise it looks very much like he is only there because he is a lap dog.
Saying that, a simple lap dog would also work, as long as you had a couple of screaching forum monkeys to wind up and send into battle on your behalf.
And a few tag-a-long dealers.

Can`t post more, off out to buy a few locks of Hitler`s hair and a silver-golden NSDAP badge, did the whole deal on Adolf`s red telephone last night. Got a good price too!

Loved that clip and the Quedlinburg clip. Went over to WAF to see the reaction but they seem to be saying that there was a Quedlinburg badge.Or have they misunderstood the clip? Have I? :)

They need to "have misunderstood the clip". You see, as the next equally as long video will show, the scam, originates from the WAF!
The video says "The Qued. badge scam." The video is about a badge that is examined under the microscope, and found to be a poor cast that has fooled everyone for the last 20 years. And the word SCAM alludes to a scam :) The video makes no reference to historical fact, dates, period literature etc, and never had the word fantasy in the title. In the YT descrption, it rather cleverly says:
THIS EPISODE: Exposing the very expensive fake/fantasy SS Quedlinburg "Tinnies" as poorly cast pieces of pooh. A very long but highly entertaining video
Fake/fantasy...

Not exposing the fantasy badge.

Yes towards the end I say that "to date, there is no period evidence showing that such a badge was ever made, or even exsisted, and the period drawing could be just that, a drawing, a paper badge a stamp etc...."
And despite what a few attack monkeys over on the WAF would like to believe, this is still so.

I realize that they like using second-hand images and having an opinion of what they think they are seeing on it, and then using that as "proof" to authenticate their fakes, but this time around they won`t be able to get away with that. (Worked with the DJ knife for decades)
And seeing as I have advocated against doing exactly this in multiple books, I see no reason to change colors and jump on the monkey bandwagon because of a few Alamy photos that "appear" to show what a few would like it to show. Maybe they should wait until the next video, because one thing is about as certain as an Amem at Church, and that is, that whatever they are showing, it is most certainly not their fake cupal badges.

Do I feel guilty for settingt them up for major public embarrasment? Not really, considering how they treat others. It is about time someone slaps the granny out of them.

Hi there,

Last night I spent many hours reading and re reading The Christopher Alisby and the HJ Honour badge with Golden Leaves 22 pages epic story. Fantastic reading and what a fool CA turned out to be, well done to Jo and Garry and the rest of the guys for destroying CA justification's for the 3 dodgy badges he posted as rare and original. I am just a beginner but it truly amazes me the amount of so called big time experts/dealers who were and are knowingly selling these fake badges and others for thousands of Pounds/euros/dollars and ripping collectors off for many years. I recently watched on youtube Wittman and Alisby complaining about people calling them rip off merchants etc they were not happy lol. Now I am no expert for sure on HJ etc but I am slowly learning from this forum and even I, at this early stage can easily spot fakes among the original's on Weitze's and Wittmans web sites, even today I seen a French website selling a so called DJ armband for 400 euros and on another UK website a fake HJ winter cap with a plastic strip to the peak for £565.00. Keep up the great work exposing these robbers.
Best regards....Ewan:spain

Last edited:
Back