Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Please login to view user info

Cool

Welcome, Warlord. I saw you post some amazing stuff back on the old AHF. I know you'll be an asset here.

Quote Originally Posted by WARLORD View Post
    Garry you might be quite right, the number is going to be low. I have 30 names confirmed, with the last award 30 Jan 1944. I believe originally it was the Good Doctor, Dr K who gave the figure to David Littlejohn.
    Ah, very interesting. Is "Doctor K" Dr Klietmann? Unfair then that Littlejohn should take the rap :)

Do you know whether von Schirach's Sonderstufe is in a collection? I'd love to see a good photo of that one.

I was going through some magazines from the Westfalen HJ and came across an article on Gauleiter Dr. Alfred Meyer which showed his presentation certificate for the award of the 'Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der Hitlerjugend' in 1938. On the right is the certificate in colour for Hauptbannführer Blaschke. Thought they might be of interest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mr. Warlord!

Can you please show awerses or backs of all three Golden HJ Honour Badges with Oak leaves?
    I have one and it looks similar to number one jo your photo.

BR,
    Diro

Is it correct there where only around 220 of these awarded ?

The number is generally considered to be around 250 Paul but as was mentioned earlier that figure has never been substantiated. Chris Ailsby is researching the number awarded and has around 40 confirmed recipients so far.

interesting keep my eyes open

WW2 German medal collection - YouTube

Go to 0:52 for the Gold badge with oakleaves description. Sad to see how some collectors authenticate their items to themselves. Its a horrible fake, with coffin pin plate. and marked BM !

Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    WW2 German medal collection - YouTube

Go to 0:52 for the Gold badge with oakleaves description. Sad to see how some collectors authenticate their items to themselves. Its a horrible fake, with coffin pin plate. and marked BM !
    Jo, you have a nose to find those not-knowing weirdo's.

Regards, Wim

Quote Originally Posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
    Jo, you have a nose to find those not-knowing weirdo's.

Regards, Wim
    Wim, not sure if thats a compliment ?
    Well i think that videos like this are interesting, as they open up our eyes as to how some people Evaluate their items. Dont mean the Guy in the vid is a plonker, he is probably a normal guy like u and me. Just helps sometimes to see what tools are used by some. I dont know where he looked on the net though, as the BM marked badges are bad all over the net, as well as the coffin pin plate.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast