Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Please login to view user info
    I would have no problem, however the Publish would not be very happy.

But back to the main question about the badge you put up for thought. Here is some of the work to draw comparisons, these would not be able to be included in the book due to the size and scope of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WARLORD View Post
    This badge is for your comments.
    It`s a Reproduction, it shows the same HJ diamond as Your second badge (with different casing/border) and the same as the €3500.- Weitze badge.
    I have one of these as well, and will dissect it next week. No place in a Book for:
    • Provenance
    • More info on reproductions of a scare award etc...
    OMG ? do you publish online? using a format that only allows a certain amount of pages?
    OK, i will keep the Publisher in mind when i scan the contents.

YOU ARE CORRECT. THE ONE POSTED AND ALSO SHOWN AS COMPARISON. They are the new copies. The one I post originally second, is totally different to the ones shown. This is the form that was awarded to Dr Todt and shown on his funeral pillow. The first I posted is that shown on the citation and in Dohler.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post N 51
    I could NOT possibly say if it was or was not genuine. One would have to have it in hand to make those judgements.
    And now ???
    YOU ARE CORRECT. THE ONE POSTED AND ALSO SHOWN AS COMPARISON. They are the new copies
    So you didn't need to have it in hand after all

The last picture with the bottom damage is infact another fake of the Dohler type.

An interesting point, "the €3500.- Weitze badge", has the copy mark on it as phillip-militaria.com. Is this Weitze under another name?

No The Weitze company and (Doreen) Phillip Militaria don't have anything to do with each other.

Not quite sure what to say about your book, or the HJ Golden badge with oak leaves article ? Apart from the fact that nothing you say is backed up with a single footnote or period fact, period quote, evidence... zilch , apart from the fact that there are items like the Silver Party Badge, RZM marked, M1/120 (page 36) described as Genuine and extremely rare, apart from the Fake Golden Party Badge by Christian Lauer (page 31) described as Very rare and ATTRIBUTED to Katherin Maier, apart from lots of items and pages, the cover is eye catching, that's about it. As far as info goes, and as far as it being a "Collectors Guide.." goes, Detrimental to the hobby. I would expect better, much Much better, from an Author and collector who has been collecting and writing about Third Reich items for a few decades. In short, it`s a Flop, you know it, i know it, and anyone who has been collecting for a few years knows it too. Enough about that, and on to the Weitze 3500.- fake.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

36,894 mm long, 21,899 mm wide. With pin weighs in at 6,17997 gr. Gold plated, very good enamel. It is only when you take the badge apart, do you see the poor cheap metal, and Glued on HJ planchet.
    continued below..................

This one, is identical to the 3500.- one being offered right now at Weitzes. you can compare the pictures any which way you want, and it`s clear that they are made using the same dies. Now why is this being sold as Original? i guess, because it`s pictured in Publications like mentioned above, and that is enough for some people/dealers.

First thank you for the cretique. Secondly to your thoughts ,"apart from the fact that there are items like the Silver Party Badge, RZM marked, M1/120 (page 36)" Please give me your problems. I would be most interested.

Then you make this statement:

Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    This one, is identical to the €3500.- one being offered right now at Weitzes. you can compare the pictures any which way you want, and it`s clear that they are made using the same dies. Now why is this being sold as Original? i guess, because it`s pictured in Publications like mentioned above, and that is enough for some people/dealers.
    This badge as you show as comparison to the Weitzes piece is NOT shown in my book. The comparison of the badges was of a known copy with the Weitzes piece. It was clearly marked in the comparison as CJA Piece.

What did i mean? i meant Books like yours, full of assumptions, thoughts and ideas, backed up by the same names, (ie: Angolia) without a hint of period fact or period documentation. Nothing would give me greater pleasure to take it apart, page by page, and point out the mistakes, fakes and fantasy items, but, this is a Forum for HJ items, so for the mean time, i guess best to stick to this HJ golden Leafy badge.. Let me ask you, page 98, the badge with the 835 silver stamp, why would it have 835 on it? it`s plated, and badly plated, the plating is falling off, are Silver plated items usually stamped like this? are German items usually stamped like this ? All of the "Versions" you show, and variants, are not backed up by anything except what you say? This is a 2010 Book btw, not 1953. But a clear indication of why the Hobby is in ruins, if this is where the collectors are today.... SOS... with smoke rings....

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast