Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

The Deumer family of Hitler Youth honour badges (HJ-Ehrenzeichen)

Hi everyone,

After some search I think it is possible the following Golden HJ honour awards were made by the Deumer firm:

1. Serial numbered, M1/120, RZM with classical pin and pin plate. (example?)

2. "B"-marked M1/120, RZM with classical pin and pin plate. Example exist.

3. Erased serial number M1/120, RZM with classical pin and pin plate. Examples exist).

4. Serial numbered, M1/120, RZM with special safety pin. Examples exist.

5. "B"-marked, M1/120, RZM with special safety pin. Examples exist.

The doubtfull examples with the vertical placed markings still need to be researched.

Regards, Wim

Attached Images Attached Images

Great information Wim many thanks

Nick

Your welcome, Nick. Interesting thing is that if the serial numbered with common pin and pin plate exist, it would always be partly covered by that pin plate.

Regards, Wim

Wim, are the three backs shown in the first post examples of questionable or fake badges?

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Wim, are the three backs shown in the first post examples of questionable or fake badges?
    IMO: the pics go with the text above them.

I don't know about these ones. something seems odd (the placement of maker's mark and rzm stamp....)

The ones showed by me are all good examples of a Deumer badge. Missing in this group are: the serial numbered with special safety pin and -if exist- the serial numbered with a common (or early) pin. This last one: the piece I listed as number "1" in the family, I never saw.

Regards, Wim

Here's an example of a simply fake Deumer "B" badge. Note the sunken enamel in the swastika. On original period enamel there exist also sunken area's but they are so less visible you have most of the time to use a magnifier to see them.

Regards, Wim

Excellent stuff Wim. You've done a lot to clear the fog surrounding the Ehrenzeichen. Thanks to you I was able to turn my gut feeling on my early Hofstätter into something much more satisfying as a result of your research.

You're welcome, Garry.

At the moment I'm looking at the dot patterns of these Deumer buggers and hope to find some logical things.

Be continued...

Regards, Wim

My last addition (came in yesterday) is this "B" example with safety pin. The dot pattern is a 100% match with my other "B" marked piece (number 5. on my list). The pattern is also identical to an example with erased serial number and common pin with pinplate (number 3. on my list). Only the borders that separate the white enamel field from the red, are a little bit thinner on the "B" examples.

Regards, Wim

Picture 1: new "B" example.
    Picture 2: Erased serial number with common pin and pin plate.
    Picture 3: my older (also more worn) "B" example.
    Last edited by Wim Vangossum; 24th November 2010 at 08:05 PM.