The FHB maker marked Hj Ehrenzeichen

Thanks Received
Dear all (and especially at Jo), :help:

I noticed that the Hoffstätters with FHB maker mark are mentioned in the thread "How many makers of the Hitler Youth Honour Award were there". Are the FHB maker marked badges considered as legit? The used digits are a match with the 'normal' Hoffstätters but the frontal dot design is completely different.

So my questions are: have you had the chance to examine such an FHB piece? Did they used a second die? The FHB maker mark seems to be found on other period pieces but also on fakes like once pointed out by Don Scowen.

The pictures are from a badge once posted by Dion (Mûnster)

Regards, Wim :001_smile:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Great question. I can't help unfortunately but it would be great to read more on these FHB badges.

Wim, that is why i started the HJ "keeping track of numbers" threads. Maybe in time a pattern will emerge.
No i have never had one, yes i have always thought that something was suspect with them but they seem to be accepted as genuine?
There are a few more that i don`t like, the Deumers with 130000-odd numbers on them, but have also not had one of them either.
Morigi in the UK used the FHB logo on modern fakes of all kinds i know.
No idea.. maybe just keep eyes peeled and see what happens in the future.

Yes, maybe time will bring answers. It looks weird they would use this pattern with the logo in tandem with the normal "15" maker marked piece...

Back