"FHB" - new maker of the Hitler Youth honour badge (HJ-Ehrenzeichen?

Thanks Received
hi all

saw this HJ honour badge on a new update today and thought you would all like to see it, never seen this maker before or this set-up and even the numbering looks poor, but the badge itself looks okay, so im on the fence and leaning towards avoid just due to the fact its unlike any other honor bdage and would be a nightmare to shift on but would love to hear your thoughts

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Stu,

I can't comment on the authenticity of the badge as I only have limited experience with these, however the maker mark is for Hoffstätter.

Cheers
Don

thanks don , that does actually help a lot as we know that Hoffstätter was a known maker of this badge, so maybe an early version??

I was hoping someone would put this one up for discussion when I saw it. It looks dodgy to me on the reverse, but hey, I don't know badges very well at all.

Well spotted, Stu. This one captured my eye also. I know that a German collector/dealer on WAF (I believe it was Münster) had also discovered one about one year back. I believe that Hofstätter started to produce these badges and with this low number it seems to fit nice. If you take the specialized reverse set up into this, it almost "has" to be good.

However, what is contrary is the fact that Garry has an extremely low-numbered Hofstätter with the normal configuration and besides that; is it possible that a badge at that period was allowed to be produced without the RZM -mark? I'm not very good in memorising dates of institution but I believe that around this period the RZM rules were clearly there?

So bottom line IMO is that I wouldn't touch it before we find more information.

Regards, Wim

Back