HJ Ehrenzeichen honour badge M1/49

Thanks Received
A guy i know is selling this lovely condition HJ Ehrenzeichen Gold B-Stück, with rare MM for a more than fair price. He can be trusted, and takes Paypal.

Admin Edit: link removed as item no longer available. Seller was jp-militaria.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Not really, Deschler also made the replacement ones with a B on. (If that is what the B stands for? but i guess it must) The above badge must be a very early production, hence the Ges.Gesch and RZM marks, same as can be found on M1/70 and M1/78 badges. Maybe they discontinued this practice after 1935 ?
In saying that, Lots of M1/120 Replacement B-stücke have the number on too.

I just remembered a conversation about these from a while back, isn't there a directive somewhere, stating that B-stücke would now be issued without then number from now on.... ?

So i guess that would make any B marked badge with number a bit rarer then :001_cool:

Last edited:
To be honest the price seems to me a bit high. I bought my 2 samples a couple of years ago and I spent much less.
yes, it's not a common maker for these badges but there was a lot of discussion about it and it is also a replacement badge.
I remember a couple of years ago I've read an interesting thread on these M1/49 Adolf Baumeister, Ludenscheid badges.
Nobody knew that this maker produced also HJ GHB, but the shared feelings were that they are good.
Now, this is the first B marked M1/49 I see.

Someone could also tell me if it's normal to see a B marked badge with a serial number? I've got one but no serial.

My personal feeling judging the look of it is positive, but I would not pay that money for it because if I ever wanted to sell it , it won't be easy.

To be honest the price seems to me a bit high.
?? The price is CHEAP !! There are German and US sites that want 350-500 USD for the normal ones now.

... these M1/49 Adolf Baumeister, Ludenscheid badges.
Nobody knew that this maker produced also HJ GHB,
That is because the vast Majority of collector have no idea about the Makers, and just rely on what they read on Forums. Baumeister was A Grosshändler (Like Hensler, Steinhauer etc...) and most certainly did make these. Sadely though, when rare items are shown, just because the collector is not farmiliar with the mm or Makers name on that item, it automatically get viewed in a different light.

Now, this is the first B marked M1/49 I see.
Yes, like i said, a rare mm, and being a B-stück, even all the more rarer :001_cool:
Someone could also tell me if it's normal to see a B marked badge with a serial number? I've got one but no serial.
See links above in this Post, and once you read the Announcement that Garry included, it will become clear, that up until that date, ALL replacement badges had a mm and serial. Usually though, the replacement badges i have seen, are from Deschler, or from Paulmann, not from M1/70 or M1/49.

And as for not making your money back, you will, either right now, or in a few years make a bit more. €195.- for this badge is a GIVEAWAY, i would not make a fool out of myself and link it up here if that was not the case, i would also never dream of advertising a "Questionable" badge on this Forum. Any collector who has a few Golden HJs, and is actually interested in them, will tell you that there are absolutely No red flags on these items, No flags with the Serial number, the maker, or anything else about any M1/49 marked badge.

This usually only happens at WAF, where a nice rare piece gets crapped on for some reason, mixed feelings combined with comments by collectors who follow only what books tell them, with little if any homework of their own. Sad , but a reflection of the collectors knowledge today.

Last edited:
I respect your point of view but I would never pay $350 for a GHB. €195 is a bit pricey in my book and there are plenty of these badges now around. I don't remember exactly how much I paid my badges but were in the range of 110-150 euro. Anyway, I wouldn't go over that.
Then if you think it's a bargain and want to buy, it's up to you. Different guy, different pocket :)

Then if you think it's a bargain and want to buy, it's up to you. Different guy, different pocket :)
If i wanted to buy it, i would have, and not Helpfully posted it here.
my pocket and the current market value have little to do with anything, a quick search brought up these Six, ALL of which are more expensive than the one i just listed.
One; Two; Three; Four; Five; Six (the Hüsken links take you to his page only, just type in Ehrenzeichen and you will see the three he has for sale, incl. a M1/49 badge)

You will kindly note, that half of them are also, B-Stücke.

Now, i will ask you to please show a few links to Golden HJ badges currently for sale that are, as you say, 110-150
And please, No unmarked M1/120 badges. They are not in the same category as the early marked badges, and command a much lesser price. Maybe you could also link to some rare mm such as M1/49 ? even better, a B-marked M1/49.

Sorry, it's not a contest and I don't have to prove my point. I seldom buy from military stores. Most likely i sell stuff to some dealers, and it is normal that their prices are higher than collector markets.
I find my stuff from other collectors or driving to southern Austria or other places where I have my contacts.
Military stores are not in my radar and their prices are not a value reference for me.

Sorry, it's not a contest and I don't have to prove my point. I seldom buy from military stores. Most likely i sell stuff to some dealers, and it is normal that their prices are higher than collector markets.
I find my stuff from other collectors or driving to southern Austria or other places where I have my contacts.
Military stores are not in my radar and their prices are not a value reference for me.
Hi Zeller, no, you are right, it is not a contest, Private prices also have little to do with the current market value either, so maybe you should have made that point clear. If i travel around long enough, and knock on enough doors, i am sure that sooner or later someone will sell me a Golden HJ badge for €100.- just to be rid of me :001_unsure: That would be what is called a Lucky buy, or a Cheap buy, and if you did buy two Golden HJs for that price years ago, then you were Lucky. Will you find them for that Price online today? no you wont, and that is what i am referring to, not driving around Southern Austria, or wherever your Contacts are. You are free to Value your items through whatever sources you like, the vast majority of Dealers and small sellers use Reference books & the Internet though, to judge what the reasonable and current value of a certain item should be. (the 2010 HH Catalog has them valued at €250.-btw)

I am curios, when you wrote [and there are plenty of these badges now around] were you referring to your contacts offering them? or to online Dealers? If you meant online, please show me some links quoting your prices, or if you meant privately would it be possible for me to send you €250.- and you could organize two nice condition serial marked badges? Thus making a quick few bucks for yourself in the process? (At least one of them has to be mm M1/49)

Back