HJ Ehrenzeichen for Verdiente Ausländer badge

Thanks Received
Hallo,
I had an offer for this badge Ehrenzeichen der Reichsjugendführung der HJ für verdiente Ausländer.
Is it good or a fake ?
What is a good price for this badge, in this condition ?
Thank´s for your help.
Best Regards

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

i wonder how many verdiente Ausländer there were.. must have been a couple of thou i would think, with all the badges floating around now.
I see that the one up at Mili for €1600.- has gone unsold for so many weeks now that the seller has organized a CB expertise to go with it.... :thumb:

Attachments

nobody knows enough about these badges to be 100% sure of anything and at the price they ask for them do yourself a favour and walk away from it,and by the way the case its in would not have been for this badge even if it was genuine

i wonder how many verdiente Ausländer there were.. must have been a couple of thou i would think, with all the badges floating around now.
I see that the one up at Mili for €1600.- has gone unsold for so many weeks now that the seller has organized a CB expertise to go with it.... :thumb:

No one knows anything of any real worth for collectors about these badges as Stu says but CB feels confident enough to offer a COA? I've just had to order a new set of alarm bells. Mine have metal fatigue after seeing too much of this stuff...

This might be of interest

Admin Edit: link removed pending response to post #7 and #8

My very best wishes

Christopher

My very best wishes

Christopher

Please register as a follower.
Maybe you could enlighten us as to how its possible that M1/66 made a badge instituted in 1938 when they had lost their License M1/66 3 years before (19.11.1935)

You list them as a maker of this badge:
Hitler Youth Shooting Badge Marksman.

Instituted 1938
Rarity – Scarce
Known Makers – M1/14, M1/63, M1/66, M1/77, M1/120

Will you be adding a few notes onto your blog pertaining to the horrible mistakes and Fakes that you have shown in the 2010 Reference book you just printed?

Please register as a follower???
A follower of What? The TWISTED abortion of History and items that you present, the way you turn your back on History and instead of acknowledging the facts as they are printed, make up your own in the hope of selling your fake items.
Your books are STILL, to this very day not footnoted, and you dont even give people credit when you use their images !!
Surprised that you have the Gaul to turn up here advertising your propaganda-blog. You are fishing in the wrong pond, the users here are quite knowledgeable.

Attachments

Last edited:

My very best wishes

Christopher

Please register as a follower.

Hello
Is this your site in the link?
How do you get this photo?
It is in my collection!
Show me your original photo!

Attachments

Last edited:
The brown one could be the only one that could be original. During about 35 years
of research I have not found "an inch" of actual evidence. True fact is that its is being
worn.
One can see one wearing by a girl from Norway in "The Hitler Youth" by David Littlejohn,
page 334 (a girl from the Gjentehird).

The shown salesboard was offered at an auction in Germany in the seventees, but all turned
out to be bogus. The marking was for Hermann Aurich. A lot of money for something which
is a reproduction. I can't remember if it indeed was sold. I was lucky I was warned by
a German dealer-friend, who knew I was interested. I never again attempted to find one
of the badges.

Maybe it indeed was planned to introduce all of the colors and it might be they indeed
were manufacturer as proof for the RJF, but this is only a guess. What is shown is no good!

Attachments

Last edited:
Thats a nice picture Wim. Its a pity no larger badge images of those are available. I have a question though, if it was a general award, seeing as Cristopher Ailsby is already on this thread, best to use his own printed words from 2010: s103-A collectors Guide to German Nazi Party Awards-
[This badge was instituted in 1941 by the Hitler Youth High Command to reward services to the Hitler Youth by foreign nationals. It could only be conferred upon by non-Germans. It was issued from 1941 onwards to lower and middle ranks of foreign youth organizations. The higher ranks were awarded the Golden HJ Honor Badge with oak leaves. It was probably not awarded above 350 times, making it very rare.]
Do we know what it was awarded for? If the next step, or class was the HJ with golden oak leaves then it must surely have been for a reason? And what reason would require the necessity for a range of multicolored badges? Are there other examples of awards like this that suddenly went Multi-colored? well into the war period?
Lets not forget that around this date we find all German market/sprich/membership badges and other enemel turning into painted zink, so why the reason after 1941 to make Enamel colored versions for Foreigners? does it even make sense from a logical point of view?

Have no idea. Did not check if it was in actual RJF information, but I would
known "out of heart" if and when I had some information, due to the fact this
is rare information!

I do not know where others have found this 1941 information. I read this in
the book from Littlejohn (page 219, book published in 1988, as well as in
Angolia (vol.2, page 185. Book was published in 1992). Angolia says:
more details are unknown.
It is my opinion that one of the guys has heard a bell ringing and all the
other were parroting! But photographs do show its wearing, so in some magazine
it must have been it was told about!

If something was said about this badge somewhere I think it would be in the
"Vorschriftenhandbuch der Hitler-Jugend", issue January 1942 with an addendum
up through September 1943. Would not know where to find this!

I have all of David Littlejohns reaearch files and books. These are now in my archieve. The rather rumbustick coments from some coresondendts do not fit the reasearch files.

My very best wishes

Christopher

If something was said about this badge somewhere I think it would be in the
up through September 1943. Would not know where to find this!

I have that publication Wim and the badge isn't mentioned anywhere.

I have all of David Littlejohns reaearch files and books. These are now in my archieve. The rather rumbustick coments from some coresondendts do not fit the reasearch files.

My very best wishes

Christopher

Christopher,

Jo might be a little terse sometimes and a little direct for some on occasion but he always raises very valid points and he endeavours to provide period evidence to support his arguments. You are taking the easy way out with your last comment. Perhaps it would be more productive for the HJ collecting community at large were you to address the issues he raises rather than taking your ball home?

I had a look at your blog and I don't see a single reference for the information you provide on the HJ items shown. Your information on the shooting badges and the achievement badges is faulty and if you wish I would be happy to point you to period sources and analysis based on those sources which will confirm what I say. Your information suggests that you are of the opinion that nothing new has been discovered since the early 1990s. I can tell you that this is not the case.

If you are unwilling to engage in dialogue (again: in the interests of the HJ collecting community at large) then I don't see why I should allow you to publicise your blog here.

We all would be served with an actual stated article or publication from about 1941/
1942, where at least some lines tell us more about the badge "Verdiente Ausländer".

It is possible the badge was first granted during the large youth meeting at Vienna
from 1942. But this is my personal guess. In Littlejohn's book, page 336 is a photo
included where Hitler meets youth. It looks as if some do wear the badge, but for me
it is neither unknown that Hitler attended this meeting!
Who is able to shed some light into this "Darkness"!, but please do this with
actual and dated information.

...If something was said about this badge somewhere I think it would be in the
up through September 1943.

I'm going through that book at the moment Wim but I have to say that I have never yet found a single reference to the badge in there. It doesn't mention the Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ either. That in itself might be a good clue.

I have checked the table of contents in relation to the "Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt der HJ"
for the years 1941, 1942 and 1943. I do not own the full issues, as I never was able to buy
them. Anyway in none of the tables of contents anything was said about the badge for
"Verdiente Ausländer". I do not know if it was included in the "Reichsbefehl". Do not have
from that all tables of contents.

I think we must look in newspapers, HJ-magazines or whatever. Maybe it was mentioned
in letters and memo's from the RJF. Who is able to help and bring us an answer!

Another photograph showing the badge in wear. The poster states this badge came from a friend who got it from a Norwegian WSS/NSUF vet and that it was awarded in Germany when the recipient was on a course/meeting in Germany during the war. He says that the badge was awarded to the man in 1941. Nothing new there really but the 1941 date is reconfirmed.

Source

Attachments

With post 9 I did show the sample card with three colored badges, which is a well-known
fake. With none of the cards I have seen the full date is visible. One can only read:
September 14.

As far as I know September 14 only once was an important day when the "Europäischer
Jugendverband" was raised at Vienna in 1942. There was then a big meeting of all kinds
of European youth-organizations. I heard the youth in general then was mentioned
"Germanische Jugend". If this is correct, I neither can find, but I know a cuffband is
known to have existed.

This event at Vienna would have been a good opportunity to introduced the badge as discussed
here. Has someone information about this event in the form of an article from a magazine or
newspaper?

Last edited:
There is an article in one of the the (I think) 1941 issues of Das Deutsche Mädel in the Full Member area. It contains a photo showing Germanische Jugend wearing the CT.

I've got some stuff on file on the Jugendkongress. Let me have a look.

Back