HJ Ehrenzeichen for Verdiente Ausländer badge

I find it interesting that when challenged to provide period evidence many members of the other forum slag this forum and complain of disrespect when their opinions are not accepted here as gospel.

It is strange, more so that some people who should be considered as "advanced" collectors still think it is not good to seek for period information (or even microforensics).

I learned the hard way today it is also possible to turn the discussion around and accuse someone with lies and that the mods can't do anything about it. Seller originaldeutsch accused me of offering him money (which i never did!) and can get away with that. So from now on, if you sell a fake all you have to do is lie that the people who call out the fakes try to buy them. :S It's a sick world we live in and the people who fraud the most can get away with it all. After been accused it got me thinking if the badge actually sold at all and im starting to think it didn't. I also more and more think that the seller might the same person who continuously sells them on mili321 after all. His answers are so full with crap it's unbelieveable no one has stepped in to moderate.

These comments from the "famous" motel buyer speak volumes.

"You guys sometimes amaze me. I am a COLLECTOR first and a dealer second. I collect daggers and HJ items mainly and have been buying from veterans for over 55 years.
Send my HJ badge to someone to prove it is original? Why?? I KNOW its original as I bought it (paid $10) over 35 years ago directly from the US veteran who brought it back after the war, so no question in my mind and its NOT forsale now or in the near future"

With this sort of logic, any item bought from someone claiming to be a veteran that brought something back from the war should be considered real and period authentic as long as it was purchased from said veteran for a reasonable sum. Also according to this train of thought the finder or buyer of any item from a "veteran" source should set the benchmark and is the authority for which items are authenticated based upon said manner of acquisition? Things that make you go hmmm.

Not questioning the example he posted as I don't collect metal insignia or study them so I would not know, just questioning the manner that is used to authenticate the item.

blind insanity is what it is Darin !

how come the said badge is also Photographed with a 1980s camera with terrible picture quality? but showed more recent ''motel buy'' pictures in super quality? also look at the quality pictures of his NPEA/AHS insignia collection crystal clear !

they can all rock on imho

mores the fool them

Hey Presto ! Our old friend, back up for sale at only €400.-
LINK

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

For sale for only E300,- at a Dutch auction site! With certificate! :w00t:
LINK

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:.... and with no shame either
Wouldn't quite say that Stu, this ad. vanished from the German Militaria site minutes after it was posted on WAF.. minutes! LOL.....

Why all the trickery, tomfoolery and lies on an item that is rare, and apparently genuine with CoA?

eMedals joins the Ground Dug Foreigner Badge Race.. only $950.- and it`s yours!
LINK

Post 72 on this thread, now updated with this latest offering.

Attachments

Last edited:
With the amount of these that are coming out of the ground I expect some subsidence issues at some point for buildings that are too close to the best claims...

Attachments

Wait for the next HISTORY channel soap ... "The HJ-Foreigners Ground Dug Badges Show" searching high & low for the rare treasures of the 4th Reich. No house is spared, no community safe.. fox holes are caving in, moles are loosing their natural habitat.... all for the sake of a TV show - and greedy collectors. Metal detector sales are at an all time high though.

Taking "out of the woodwork" to new dimensions..

Attachments

Looks like it has finally found a new home - although the seller told so many lies on the WAF that i wouldn't be surprised if it was a shill bid. Time will tell.
LINK

Attachments

Well, according to the final sale at MILI321, it SOLD to the highest bidder for €300.- BUT, "someone" changed the red seal of Authenticity - as can bee seen in the above post - to the Blue seal of shame :blushing:

Attachments

weitze New items 07.03.2014

Attachments

Michael Dick had one of the fake green ones two days ago in his weekly update, only 1030 euro!!!! I couldn't take pictures at my parents home and it has already disappeared from the site now. Really hope someone warned him and he pulled it and has not sold it!!!

Back