Hoffstätter (FHB) HJ-Ehrenzeichen numbers 547 and 548

Thanks Received
What are the chances of finding two consecutive low numbers? :lol: Anyone have any opinions about these rather strange looking Honor badges ?
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

if i remember correctly garry has a Hoffstätter honor badge that is number 100, and this badge is fully rzm marked so why would badge given out later not have the rzm mark ??

:help: not real then ? two low, consecutive numbers, priced very cheaply as well... not real........ ? Garry?

What strikes me first is the lack of gilding to the reverse and yes, the prices are suspiciously low... HERE is another Hofstätter with the FHB mark and with a very strange pin arrangement.

Yes, as Stu mentioned, I have serial 100 and it is RZM-marked (RZM 15) despite being from the same maker as these two.

The institution date for these was May 1934 so we'd need to perhaps look at when exactly the RZM issued M1/ licences for the badge. The UM doesn't go back far enough but there is a possibility that Hofstätter had already produced some of the 'FHB' badges before the instruction to go to RZM 15 came through. When you look at the RZM 15 badges the MM looks like it was hastily made - almost as if the die was ready but that the MM was applied at the last minute.

Attachments

How does the dot pattern on the RZM 15 & M1/15's compare to each other & the ones shown here? Are they any similarities?

As you know, I've never really studdied these badges, but the two shown here do not seem to look right, but I can't see why. Maybe it's the lighting, but the beveling on the obverse edges doesn't look right to me....

Cheers
Don

The dot pattern differs so as the step in the gilded rim. If you ask me there is not much that speaks in the benifit of the FHB marked badges.

Regards, Wim

Wim,

Are the dot patterns on the RZM 15 badges the same as the ones on M1/15 badges?

Wim,

Are the dot patterns on the RZM 15 badges the same as the ones on M1/15 badges?

I'm not aware of an HJ Honor Award marked "M1/15", Don. At thus far I have only seen the RZM 15's with their characteristic thick dot pattern.

Regards, Wim

What would a good low numbered badge, say in the 500`s cost today? €300.- ? and they are both still sitting there on the site...week after week... collectors smell a sour goats-cheese byproduct for sure ....

I'm not aware of an HJ Honor Award marked "M1/15", Don. At thus far I have only seen the RZM 15's with their characteristic thick dot pattern.
Regards, Wim

Now that is interesting, so they were only given a contract for a short period.... Thanks Wim.

Cheers
Don

Yes, considering Garry's Hoffstätter serial numbered with "100", I think that this firm -or as Jo thinks, a subcontractor of Hoffstätter-made the first group of HJ Honor Awards.
In my lists the lowest number is 100 and the highest number is 39.857 for a Hoffstätter badge. Deumer numbers are almost always into the 100.000 range, M1/70 numbers are into 8000 and 9000 range and with the other makers (M1/52, M1/78 and M1/49) they jump around like hell.

Regards, Wim

Back