Let's talk about the HJ Honour badge for Distinguished Foreigners - HJ Ehrenzeichen für Verdiente Ausländer

...... and we are on a roll..... another, ground dug - LINK

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Let`s "keep on rollin`rollin`..." with ANOTHER ground dug & battered brown, unmarked badge. (LINK)

Attachments

Hummm, somebody has Plant Pots at home, "I will show you, where the Iron Crosses grow." But certainly, not only Iron Crosses, but maaaaany other things.

Regards

Antonio

You know what interest me? No comments coming from people who always say "only brown with no makers mark" etc Where are they? The accepted badge is being replicated, buried and dug up at this alarming speed but no comment from them. Where is Colin Davie? He is very loud normally. Where are the owners who would want to make ceratin that their badges not be confused with this stuff from the ground. Have you any requests from owners Metallwarenfabrik to test their badges?

And another, again on militaria321 and this time a bit more creative WITH a terrible looking case::faint:

ps: Garry: uploading with Opera works from here.

Attachments

have seen more of these in the past 3 months than i have in the past 3 yrs,

Where are the owners who would want to make ceratin that their badges not be confused with this stuff from the ground. Have you any requests from owners Metallwarenfabrik to test their badges?
Very true really, if i had a few thousand invested in a badge, then i would want to know! The only way i would not want to subject it to a micro-test, would be if i was afraid of the outcome. I guess, when a few thousand are on the table, i can understand why a collector would be afraid. I wouldn't care though, as i broke a few thousand dollahs worth of badges up for my book anyway, and i am constantly purchasing fakes to take apart and inspect. Each to his own though.

Requests, yes from friends, but i would turn down any request that came from outside Switzerland anyway. If you can afford €2500.- for a small badge, then you can afford (10%) the €200.- for a decent microscope and DO THE TEST YOURSELF. A microscope is also not a one-use implement either, so you could use it to inspect your whole collection, and really get your moneys worth out of it. I am not the "inventor" of Forensic science, or the God of Badge-forensics, i simply took an old practice and adapted it for my own needs. So i see no need to suddenly start offering a "micro-evaluation service". It is not my idea, and it is not a new idea either. It is just one that needs to be incorporated into our hobby if we are going to attempt a "clean-up". And seeing as any old Tom Dick or Harry can do the test, i would really feel quite embarrassed to offer my services to others in this area. Hell man, that would be like offering a glossy print of a self portrait of ME, for sale on my website for $19,95.- imagine that... Peinlich!
And another, again on militaria321 and this time a bit more creative WITH a terrible looking case::faint:
Gaston, this badge was posted already in May 2012 HERE, but with a different background color, so it may have changed hands by now

Yes, another, yes MILI321 again. This time it seems that they were issued by the LDO :w00t:

LINK

EDIT 26.8.13 - SOLD FOR €1560.-

Attachments

Last edited:
Taking stock

A quick re-cap of the Unmarked brown badges mentioned so far on this thread. And this thread, is only 1 year old :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Incredible when you see them all like that... As you say, all have turned up on this thread in just 12 months.

An old thread just came to mind actually where you were thinking about burying a fake HJ achievement badge Jo. Did you do it in the end?

They already have been :) and more have been buried. Hell i want "in" on this "fruits from the ground" lark as well. So i`ll sell them first, then post them :)

You know Garry, if you just look at the fruits from the ground on this thread, which is only 360 odd days old, and turn on the COMMON LOGIC button ... the above 12 images should be enough to tell you that: sumìns wrooong !

Yep. The fact that these turn up for the first time on a platform like Mil321 as opposed to being seen and appraised on a forum first says something too.

As a detectorist myself I'm willing to believe that someone has pulled one of these out of the ground but.... I have been over ground many times that I KNOW was used by the Hitler Youth and what was the sum total of years of searching? A couple of membership badges, a Reichssportwettkampf badge, 2 strap buttons, a party badge and loads of .22 cartridges. This is ground where I can see (due to the amount of unrelated finds) that I'm the first person to search them properly. Okay, I'm never going to find a distinguished foreigner badge there because there is no geographical reason why one of them would be there but my finds, despite literally years of tramping through these areas, are run of the mill stuff - no HJ knife, not even a buckle or achievement badge .

Nah, there is no way that people are pulling these out of the ground with this regularity. If a stash of them has been found somewhere then that would be the only explanation but detectorists tend to show important finds like that on their forums but I certainly haven't read about a stash of these.

Back