Let's talk about the HJ Honour badge for Distinguished Foreigners - HJ Ehrenzeichen für Verdiente Ausländer

There is a new example on the e-med site, the eagle doesn't even have a head, more like a kind of stump, and the pin-back is a coffin type.

There is a new example on the e-med site, the eagle doesn't even have a head, more like a kind of stump, and the pin-back is a coffin type.
If you mean this one.. we already saw that sell on Mili321, then sell on eMedals in 2015 auction.. and now it is back for sale again.
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Wow, reading through the thread, yes, it's the same badge over and over, or maybe from the same pool of fakes that were faked the same. Even the photo's are the same.

Wow, reading through the thread, yes, it's the same badge over and over, or maybe from the same pool of fakes that were faked the same. Even the photo's are the same.
Well that was not the real intention, to watch who was selling them, but naturally that comes in time as more and more are found listed for sale.
If there are any patterns, then over time they also come out. In the case of these, well this thread shows the past few years of "activity."

Looking at it again, the older emedals one was listed as "Buy Now" so it didn't sell at the time, it's been sitting in inventory, and I guess the market is ripe for a second try at auction. I am satisfied with the authenticity of many emedals purchases, and yet at times they seem to approach and/or cross the line - recently a ski badge in a box for 3000$, some kind of weightlifting award for 600$, and this particular thing from a "dig"

Same fake as i recently covered in detail with the cast eagle.. asking price on the WAF estand €1800.- !!

(again, heavy battle damage)
I already posted on waf about the detailed videos on the last one, so do not feel the need to "warn" anyone on waf. Just sit back and watch it sell :second:

Attachments

Do weemedals bid on their off stuff?

Something strange went on last year, when we saw weemedals list the same badge they had already sold on their site a year ago..
LINK to (post of) the first image.

So it was sold on MILI321 in 2013
|
Listed on eMedals - and sold - in 2015
|
Listed again on eMedals - and sold - in 2016
|
Listed again on eMedals in 2017

In my opinion, the above strongly sugguests that eMedals bid on their own auctions !!
Then when the win their own items, they pull the sale, and just wait 12 months to re-list the item, thinking that nobody will notice.
But thankfully, we started to keep track of these on this forum, and as the more than one example of this kind of f**kery on this thread shows.... Something... in clearly not right!

Here is the same badge from MILI321 in 2013, that eMedals are now selling for the third time!

Anyone have any plausible explation for this?

Attachments

Thanks to Bertrand for the heads up...

For those who can`t afford the whole fake :swiss
From Freiwillige Militaria.
LINK

Attachments

Here's the complete set ..... if you have some spare change.

Attachments

Thiess is now certain that a maker mark is okay on these despite the fact that noone else does:

Auktionshaus Andreas Thiess said:
One of the few unquestionable original examples

Source

Attachments

Saw it when I was taking a dump this morning, still get the massive 25 kilo catalogs sent to me once a year. Sad, but hey, if collectors don`t want to educate themselves, let them waste their money.

Images?
I see old Gary Symmonds defending the fake Hermann Aurich marked badges with gusto.
Great thing about that cesspitt of a forum, you can not bother to check in for a year, come back, and it`s as if you never left. RA RA, followed by shilling for fakes, following by bullshit. And the same players too.

Images of the badge mentioned by Mike above:

Attachments

Back