Let's talk about the HJ Honour badge for Distinguished Foreigners - HJ Ehrenzeichen für Verdiente Ausländer

3 pristine examples coming from one family according the description?

Regards, Wim

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Here are all three together. Could it be that all the failed badges got the acid and bash-bash treatment, then sold in advance as genuine ghround dug.. and only the good badges make to sale in mint condition? You can see the one of the Weitze badges is good(reverse) and the other two show some mad features on the reverse....

Attachments

Whoever is pumping the dealers boxes of these badges, is doing a good job, coz most of these are coing through eMedals and Weitze.
And seems the supply chain is strong and holding up with regular deliveries.
Strange..... but seems collectors are loving them...

As in.. WTF? Weitze just listed THREE MORE, so he now has six of them, all supposedly from the same family in Spain?
Watermark on the first image is hiding what looks like a casting mess. And that greenish-brown tint seen on teh eagles, I have only ever seen on cheap cast crap before.
(M1/63 Kinderschar badge - DLV Balloon stickpins etc..)
Brings the total up to €18`000 for these six :lol:

I guess the waters have been chummed enough over the last 7-odd years, with "ground dug" badges sold by Weitze, eMedals and a hole heap of ugly fuglies over at MILI321.
This is the most bizare exmple of what should be a very rare badge, turning up in the 21st century by the bucket load. First it was bruised, battered and chipped badges, now it`s mint - from the family... Ha ha ha ha, for my salt, I don`t believe a word, and considered all six on Weitzes as the rest I have looked at so far, cheap, poorly made cast pieces of nonsense.

Attachments

Last edited:
These 3 have surfaced again. Sold as is .... Hmmm, someone is covering his behind.

Attachments

It's an amazing story watching these little badges go from a 100 to $4000.00 us. First you have to list it on your auction site then bid on it yourself or let one of your other dealer friends buy it so they can list it on their site at a little higher price making it more collectable. Then wash, rinse and repeat as you and your other dealer friends slowly move the price up (kind of link the stock market lol) Then order a few more from your Chinese friends and start all over again. The amazing wonderful world of collecting

Hi Wim

See your post 210 - just found this old sales list from Lothar Hartung in my old stuff mentioning this Waffenbörse- pure nostalgia :clap2:.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Yes, Lothar always was to be found at Killesberg, Stuttgart.
I was there practically every year in the seventies. Here a photo
from 1975 from Lothar and me behind his stand there. We always
had a lot of fun. Lothar is the bigger one. In his prospect he
mentions the Ritterkreuz at left upon the stand "Ankauf - Verkauf
von Orden"!!

The man in the yellow shirt is Angolia with his wife. I remember
him being "roasted" by Rudloff about his knowledge!

It all is a long time ago (over 40 years). So, we are getting old!!

Attachments

Hi Wim

See your post 210 - just found this old sales list from Lothar Hartung in my old stuff mentioning this Waffenbörse- pure nostalgia :clap2:.

Michael :denmark
Cheers Michael. I have saved that image, as I just love the old sources that talk about fakes, and the danger of them. :swiss
Glædelig jul.

It look slike those SIX brand new badges that Weitze got "directly from the Spanish family" were not the only badges that Spanish family had. Found four more like it, mint, in their bags.. for sale for slightly less that Weitze charged.. One is marked SOLD even, so good business.
LOL. :lol::pound:

Link to the website here: Medallas y Premios – Original Militaria

Attachments

I went to the website to look at their stuff & there are a mix of reproductions & original items. The R/R eagle is dicey along with some of the cloth pieces and of course the 6 badges Jo has posted.
Mike

Incredible really that other forums don't seem to see how it could be a problem that so many of these badges can be so easily found...

Incredible really that other forums don't seem to see how it could be a problem that so many of these badges can be so easily found...
Easy to understand. Where are they coming from? Mainly the forum dealers and main sponsors... and as we know, try and tell them they have a fake, and you`ll be jumped on by others as a trouble starter, and banned.

You would never ever be allowed to start such a thread on the WAF, or any other forum. It would make them look bad, raise too many questions as well... so the fable that these are rare, and genuine worth so much money needs to continue.
And we know just from this thread, that many collectors are buying them.. even the HA-marked colored ones are accepted as genuine.. so when you have a forum populated with people who have spent 1000 on one of these, when that same forum is sponsored by the dealers selling them...what hope in hell do you have of reading the facts? LOL... Only here on the HJ Research Forum is it allowed to follow, note and mention dealers...
Not my fault it always turns out to be the same dealers, or same MODs or same collectors that are giving out wrong info.....

Besides.. look what happened to that fake Deschler-marked badge I was sent to examine.. I examined it, made a long video for all to see, exposed it as a cast fake.. and then, a few years later, it surfaces on a no-name website and is sold! :violin:

I can`t speak about these badges and the WAF, but I can speak about others.. like the modern fake Fallschirmjäger cap badges, that the WAF Moderator Tooth Willi aka Willi Zahn, claims are genuine. I showed that they are cast fakes, and BAM, he booted me off the WAF :lol:

I only found out a year or so later that a new book came out, where those exact fakes were shown as genuine... as who`s name was in that book? Willi Zahn! Ha ha ha ha, so you see, when it comes to making money and reputations.. we cannot let the inconvenient truth stand in the way.

All we can do with these, is carry on this thread, carry on listing the ones we find, in the hope that it helps 1 or 2 people. If it does not, well... should we care?
Like the mother who tells the kid "Don`t touch the hot plate you will burn your fingers" and still, the kid does.... I think in that situation, the monther should just laugh!

FOUND SO FAR - 2012 - 2020

Attachments

Here is another up at auction soon.
Mike

Attachments

Back