Let's talk about the HJ Honour badge for Distinguished Foreigners - HJ Ehrenzeichen für Verdiente Ausländer

And still, as far as I'm aware, there is no one who claims to have an original who has come forward with a detailed examination or has offered their badge up for the same. There is clearly a massive problem with this badge and everyone knows it yet those people with the supposedly authentic ones seem totally unmoved by the fact that their fellow collectors are being slammed for a lot of money by these fakes.

Well that`s usually only done by people who are looking for facts.
On the WAF, a simple thumbs up will suffice. In fact... it will count as period proof!
:hail:

And if you can get two dopey ********s to comment positively, then that counts as documented evidence and provenance!

Here are all three together. Could it be that all the failed badges got the acid and bash-bash treatment, then sold in advance as genuine ghround dug.. and only the good badges make to sale in mint condition? You can see the one of the Weitze badges is good(reverse) and the other two show some mad features on the reverse....
You don't have permission to view attachments.

As in.. WTF? Weitze just listed THREE MORE, so he now has six of them, all supposedly from the same family in Spain?
Watermark on the first image is hiding what looks like a casting mess. And that greenish-brown tint seen on teh eagles, I have only ever seen on cheap cast crap before.
(M1/63 Kinderschar badge - DLV Balloon stickpins etc..)
Brings the total up to €18`000 for these six :lol:

I guess the waters have been chummed enough over the last 7-odd years, with "ground dug" badges sold by Weitze, eMedals and a hole heap of ugly fuglies over at MILI321.
This is the most bizare exmple of what should be a very rare badge, turning up in the 21st century by the bucket load. First it was bruised, battered and chipped badges, now it`s mint - from the family... Ha ha ha ha, for my salt, I don`t believe a word, and considered all six on Weitzes as the rest I have looked at so far, cheap, poorly made cast pieces of nonsense.

Remember how Weitze listed SIX of these, all attributed to Aus dem Besitz des Landesjugendführers der HJ in Spanien Bernhard Feuerriegel
Well he just listed another.. so that now makes SEVEN of these....all attributed to the same guy.
Alarm bells not ringing? That`s €21`000 .. a tidy little sum.
HJ Ehrenzeichen fur verdiente Auslander (355747) - III. Reich Auszeichnungen der NSDAP und ihrer Gliederungen - Militaria / Helmut Weitze

Attachments

These seven badges - all belonging to one Spanish guy as offered by Weitze, as well as the four examples - also supposedly owned by the same Spanish guy, offered by a Spanish website.. are modern.. as in made yesterday.
They are not the older fake, these all have casting signs on them that are only seen on these so far.
See the arrow in each image, clear extra casting residue left around the sides, protruding from the right leg, as well as under the wing in cases.
If you look at the middle between the brids legs on the first four images below, you can see a horrible cast mess as well.

So this is a scam. Not sure who has had these fakes made and then shifted them to Weitze and the other dealer.... but just the fact that Weitze has now listed SEVEN, all with the same provenance-name-origin.. is enough really... well for me it is. Anyway the extra cast bits below are only seen on these 7+4 = 11 badges so far. But these have just come onto the market, so expect more.

Attachments

A few months ago we saw that dealer list 6, even 7 I think at one point... then one by one they were marked reserved, and today only three are left.

But....... and I said this now many times over the years, in my opinion, dealers do this, list and then mark sold shortly after to encourage others to buy the rest. make viewers think "****.. selling up like hot cakes, best snap up the last few" Just my opinion on how some dealers work.

This example below does nothing to make me think otheriwse.
The same badge Weitze marked reserved a few months ago, now up for auction at HH.

Not saying there is anything wrong with this practice either.. it is just something I noticed :second:

Attachments

Wow ...not even bothering to finish the false rivets off with a blob of solder to at least give the appearance that they are holding the front eagle / diamond ! Just glue the bird on ...good enough . :lol:
I best pick one of these gems up before they are all sold out :h That huge crate full of HJ Ausländer badges must be getting half way down by now !

Well there is some solder down one hole, but if you look carefuly, and have some exp. with solder, the roundish blob of shiney solder we see, looks like a typical blob of solder done with a soldering iron, as opposed to a flame. A flame sodler gets the solder all even and spread out, with a iron you are only melting small amounts at a time, small blobs, and so the solder has a tendency to form into roundish balls.

Attachments

hmmmm. quality.

Attachments

Well there is some solder down one hole, but if you look carefuly, and have some exp. with solder, the roundish blob of shiney solder we see, looks like a typical blob of solder done with a soldering iron, as opposed to a flame. A flame sodler gets the solder all even and spread out, with a iron you are only melting small amounts at a time, small blobs, and so the solder has a tendency to form into roundish balls.

and that weird line across the reverse too... No way a german die in the TR times caused that surely?

Here are 2 more for sale ....at least they are lower priced than most.
Mike

Attachments

Any chance of the reverse image for the brown badge? I can`t get onto that site.....

Here is the reverse of both badges.
Mike

Attachments

Back