Let's talk about the HJ Honour badge for Distinguished Foreigners - HJ Ehrenzeichen für Verdiente Ausländer

It annoys me too how Symonds justs blasts away with his "these Aurich badges are TR quality" every time they are discussed but I have yet to see him offer anything that could even be remotely considered as proof. Not that he needs to because as we know, Jo examined one of the Aurich fakes in huge detail. True to form, Symonds didn't even acknowledge that fact even after someone posted the links!

Not beating a dead horse at all, and thanks for finding this. :second:
This is, the identical badge that Lakesidetraders sent me to inspect and make the videos about.
I conclusively exposed this as cast in 3-4 videos. Funny, how it went back to lakesidetraders a year or so ago, as fake, and now ends up on some auction site as genuine?

edit. The badge was offered to lakersidetraders, it was never theirs... and they only organized that it be shipped to me, so they never handled the badge at all, and when it was found out to be fake, they returned it to the person who sent it to them.

THE ORIGINAL CUSTOMER WHO SENT IT TO LAKESIDETRADERS KNEW IT WAS FAKE, the inspection videos exposing it as a poor cast were posted on the WAF too.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Not very ethical is he? :lol: if he was the one who consigned the badge for auction. Jo have you done the video of the HA version of this badge yet? I know that several people would like to see that one under the scope.

Not very ethical is he? :lol: if he was the one who consigned the badge for auction.
Well it will be the guy who sent it to lakesidetraders to sell for him, that has put it up for auction.
I just mailed them the images and asked them what the story was? And was informed that even though it came through them, it was not theirs, and was on commission.
After I sent it back to them, it was aparrantly sent straight back to the person who sent it to them.

If you read the auction description, you can`t find that is is advertsied as 100% genuine at all. But also no mention that it has been examined and is a cast fake.
Nonetheless, I hope some collector pays 3000 for it in the end, I really do. Because it will be greed and laziness that makes them pay a high amount for a fake
A quick google check would lead you to forums where this exact badge is shown and exposed as fake. A quick google check will lead you to a few free YouTube videos where you can watch it being disected and exposed as a cast fake. Not a similar badge, this exact same badge!
So I really have no pity for the person who wastes their money on this, in fact I hope it sells for as much as possible!

A combination of deciept from the seller and laziness by the person who finally buys it!
And how stupid they will feel when they post their new badge on a forum, only to be shown the easy to find videos, exposing this very badge as a cast copy!
:swiss
I should register on that auction site and bump the price up to 5`000.

Jo have you done the video of the HA version of this badge yet? I know that several people would like to see that one under the scope.
Funny you mention that. I went back over the seven year old micro images I took of the red badge, and am not happy with them anymore, not after seeing what the new microscopes can do.
In the last 2-3 videos I did, you can even hear me complaining about the microscope I used those years ago to take the images, and stating that while it may be adequate for the person using the microscope, it`s not really helpfull 100% to others who have to view the tiny micro images and try and work out what they are looking at.
So, a day or so ago I talked to Garry about this, and he has agreed to send the red Aurich marked fantasy color badge back to me, so I can make a video about it, do the same examination again with the better microscopes.
And of course knock Gary Symonds from one side of the internet to the other, maybe stand on his neck a bit too. I did see his recent posts on the WAF defending these copies. Copies that even Craig Gottlieb knew were copies and sold as such (all three AH colored badges on a card for $184.- in 2012 - images on this thread)

But recent events call for a proper, conclusive examination. Even Thies Auctions just re-sold a fake AH marked badge as genuine, one they had already sold twice before. (Images marked above in the post with all the badges)
So for the benifit of all, a much better examination is nessesary, and will be done this month.

Sweet I can't wait to see that badge under the scope! I did go back to youtube & re-watch some of the videos ... the one for the norway badge & the screaming belgian eagle fake & the Teno badges are neat & surely there are some very pissed off collectors .... yourself & the microscopy examination of badges & medals have done a great service to the hobby & that being said there are many more fishing weights than there were in the recent past. Keep doing what you do.

that being said there are many more fishing weights than there were in the recent past. Keep doing what you do.
Yes, and each year I ramp it up some. The more weights the better. I will expose the crooks, and scalp them, documented facts will salt their scalped heads!
The more they try and discredit historical fact, the deeper the holes become that they dig themselves.

Here is one offered for sale over at WAF.

Attachments

Cheers, WAF estand badge added. That makes at least 24 examples so far. Ground dug, bashed, chipped :h Yet according to many posts on the WAF "I have only ever seen 1 or 2 of these.."
Great to be able to follow certain fakes for years, building up the library.

Attachments

Last edited:
The reason I linked the above item from Weitze, is because it is a fake.

2 years ago, I exposed the HJ award that was marked Deschler, in 4 videos, conclusively as a cast fake. I pictured the badge a few posts back, as Mike found it selling at an auction house in Ohio recently. I`m sure those interested have already seen it, old news, even Gary Symonds on the WAF agrees that it is a poorly cast "POS" fake, as he put it. I`ll cover this topic a bit more in the next video as soon as the HJ badge from Garry arrives....

Now, the badge that everyone on the WAF love, like the many fakes grouped on this thread, are the same as the one selling for €2800 on Weitzes right now. Looks very different to the fake, cast, "POS" Deschler I exposed as a cast fake in those 4 microscopic videos, doesn`t it? Eagle is silver, reverse has no markings and the pin plate is exactly what, according to WAF experts, makes it recognizable as genuine.

And don`t forget the HJ diamond too, when you study the pebbling, that too, is different from the cast, fake, "POS" Deschler I exposed.
So it can`t possibly be the same fake, can it?

Well it certainly is the very same fake :yo:

We have already seen a few pages back, that Freiwillige Militaria was selling just the eagle and diamond part a year or so ago, and the videos I made clearly showed you that the eagle and diamond are a separate piece, with three nails soldered onto it, those nails go through holes on the reverse of the corpus, and then have solder dripped into them to affix the two parts.

So let`s forget the eagle and diamond, that`s like an attachment, the faker could have made more than one kind, over a few years. Let`s also forget the attachment and focus only on the corpus, the body of the badge.

I don`t like reducing a microscopic examination to only a few pointers, but in this case they are necessary. And this can be seen with the naked eye, from good camera images.
Look at the letters "I" and "H" on the fake, "POS" cast Deschler I exposed. Both show very distinct characteristics. These are shown on the below image. Very easy to see, the bottom of the letter "I" ! I have enlarged both letters for a better look.

So look at this image for a while, just familiarize yourself with the letters H and I... and then...

Look at the same image from the badge selling right now on Weitzes. (I have superimposed the letters H & I from the cast Deschler over it, extra large, so you can compare...

Just from camera images, you can see clearly, 100%, that they are the same corpus. The same cast fake corpus, just with a slightly different eagle and diamond attached, as well as different type of attachment.

Don`t believe me? Ask Weitze for a clearer image of that part of his badge, he will give it to you, 100% he will, and then come back here and compare.
100% identical. The same corpus.

And this means, of course, that every single badge posted on this thread, the WAF, dealers’ sites and elsewhere, is a cast fake! Just mixed parts, different attachments, using the same horribly cast corpus.

If there are any originals, then we have not seen them yet.
(Note: The HA-marked badges are not the same, although fake as well. but more on that when I recieve the one from Garry soon.)

Attachments

Just added a few more to the Wall Of Shame

By the way, this one below sold for 3 grand at Emedals, is the exact same fake as the Deschler "POS" cast fake, it just has solder poured into the wings at the back, to hide the fact that the eagle is a hollow cast. You can see where solder has been melted into the eagles wings to "fill it up" and make it look like a solid part :lol: On the Deschler they did not bother.

Attachments

On the first few pages of this thread, going back to 2012, Garry sent me a HA-marked badge to inspect under the microscope. This I did, and published many small micro images as well as explaining that it was fake.
It is no secret that some years ago I invested money in much better microscopes, taking my research to a new level, and being able to show collectors exactly what is fake or not, and why. I started creating videos instead of just posting small images on fora, and that grew and grew. Now, some 10 years after I first really got into using the microscope to expose fakes (and authenticate originals), I have a growing YouTube channel, and have videos backed up on Bitchute and Archive.org.

After a few recent videos I made towards the end of 2018, (about the Belgian DeVlag badges) where I included some micro imagery taken by other collectors who were using the same, cheap, small microscope I started out with, it became apparent to me, that although everything was easy for me to understand back then, just using the small micro images like we find on the posts by me 7 years ago on this thread, that they were just not really perfect for everyone to follow and understand.

So, I asked Garry if he would send me the HJ Ausländer HA-marked badge again, and I would redo the old research, but this time using much better microscopes, and turn it into a movie.
He agreed, and also said that I can keep the badge, and "destroy" it. Which I of course did. Destroying fakes & originals, and examining the parts we can`t usually see is also very helpful to furthering our knowledge. Something I have been doing now for a long time, although have faced many a backlash, for example on the War Relics Forum when I was accused of destroying historical artifacts etc... Oh well, can never please everyone.

In any case, I have completed the re-research of Garry`s badge and produced two 30-minute videos, explaining in much more detail why the HA-marked badges are lousy, cast fakes.
The first video has been up since a few hours, and I hope to have the second part complete by the end of today. I will post it here when it is ready.

I would encourage interested members to watch both videos, when they have time of course.

Thanks again to Garry, and of course to everyone.

When I get movies together, of which there are now over 200 on my channel, I often have to search other fora, dealers’ sites, research sites etc.... and must just add that I am extremely proud of what everyone has turned this HJ forum into. It is, by far - mit abstand - the best place for factual research and discussion on the Hitler Youth, and far surpasses anything else on the internet, hands down! Weiter so!

Part (1/2)

Back