M1/120 HJ honour badge with erased number

Thanks Received
What you think, fake?

Greetings...

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi, I would suggest you read the article on the HJ Honour Badge. There is a link at the end of script to the excellent detailed research carried out by Wim last year. The section on the Wilhelm Deumer badges should be particularly interesting to you!

Interesting. Yes, Wim does seem to think that this type of Deumer (his "Type 2") is authentic where Jo Rivett doesn't. Would be really useful to see that one thrashed out.
All you would need to do, is follow what you see in this article, exposing a fake HJ Ehrenzeichen marked M1/52 A. That is of course, if you wanted to write about it, or expose it/authenticate it. If you just owned one and would be selling it at some point then nothing needs to be done except sell it according to thegeneral concensus.
I only have detailed studies like the one below of nine different versions of the HJ badge, so still a long way to go. Not that it is even on my list of things to do, but you never know.
FAKE Deschler HJ honour badge (HJ-Ehrenzeichen)!

The above post is not quite correct, it is not 9, but 11 HJ Ehrenzeichen that i have in my database.

And here are the fakes so far looked at in detail.

[/HIDE]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

About the M1/120 Deumer with erased serial number: I still believe in this badge but if Jo has smells a fire, we need to do some more research...

Regards, Wim

Two years later... any more research done?
:blink:

There was one of these badges in a lot that I recently bought. The whole lot was described as reproduction badges, but a few of them were genuine. Anyway, it was a great chance for me to finally be able to put one of these under the microscope without having to spend €200 just "to see".

As much as I`d love to be able to say that they are fake... there is nothing I can see at all that points to them being fake.
Strange, yes, with whatever numbers were on filed off.. but it looks fine to me.

Maybe a big batch of badges that were made with wrong numbers, or not needed, and then just used later as B-stücke, so had each number filed off? Anyway, looks perfectly normal under the scope. Correctly made, correctly gilded..etc....

Attachments

Back