M1/78 HJ Ehrenzeichen honour badge

JME

Thanks Received
HJ Ehrenzeichen (HJ honour badge). You guys like this badge? Thank you for your input. JME

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Thank you Ewan for your comments. I think it is the real thing but also like opinion from others as well. I have taken some more photos for your review. Any and all opinion is much appreciated. Thank you! JME

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Nick,
Thank you for your reply. I believe that Ges.Gesch. and RZM can be on the badge and still be good.
Ges. Gesch. and RZM are two different markings and have nothing to do with each other.
Ges. Gesch. = Protected by Law. And the RZM is a code that identifies the maker. I see posts with both markings and others say it is still good. I my opinion this is still a good badge but let's see what others have to say. Thank you again for your input. JME

Hi Nick,
Thank you for your reply. I believe that Ges.Gesch. and RZM can be on the badge and still be good.
Ges. Gesch. and RZM are two different markings and have nothing to do with each other.
Ges. Gesch. = Protected by Law. And the RZM is a code that identifies the maker. I see posts with both markings and others say it is still good. I my opinion this is still a good badge but let's see what others have to say. Thank you again for your input. JME

What is the emblem with the wolfsangel on your Avatar, very interesting !

Nick

Does anybody else have an opinion about this badge? I would like to hear from others what they have to say. Thank you. JME

I hope that Wim V in particular will see the thread J as he has studied these badges. I do know that the M1/78 badges are on his list of authentic makers but as I say, if he sees the thread I'm sure he'll be able to say more.

Very nice original badge having Ges.Gesch and the RZM mark
on the badge is not a problem. This maker is the only one
that i personaly feel happy with
Regards
Mametz

nice badge no probs, there are quite a few makers that are regognised as being good hoffsatter with the 15, deumer m1/120, the paulmannm & crone 1/78 the M1/52 Deschler and the m1/70 there is also 1 more that i have heard of but still waiting more info on it

hi,

It's a nice original. Of course there is a point made when we talk about RZM and Ges. Gesch. on one and the same enamel badge. There exist a whole range of fakes (probably from a single source) party badges and some other types of awards which have this feature. However: there exist a few party pins with only an rzm mark and Ges. Gesch. but they are more the exeption then the rule.
When it comes to the HJ honour badge, the combination is common and normal. The M1/78 Paulmann & Crone is always a pleasure to see, but there are other genuine makers of course. Hoffstätter mm "15" and "RZM, M/120 Deumer, M1/52 Deschler & Sohn, M1/70 Franz Otto and the seldom encountered M1/49 Adolf Baumeister.

Most nice fakes are not mm at all or mm with "BM". Wrong marks of Deumer also exist.

Regards, Wim

Jurgen, Ges Gesch and RZM on the same badge is not good IMO
Nick
Nick, here is a little something to illustrate the way in which Paulmann und Crone marked their small badges. This is still a subject that many older collectors wont listen too due to the very old and outdated reference books that they swear blind by. (more fool them, and more rarities for us :w00t:)

• #1. Very early Paulmann & Crone, probably early 1920`s with no details but simply Ges. Gesch and a vertical pin attachment.
• #2. Full makers details and Ges. gesch. circa late 1920`s early 1930`s.
• #3. Full makers details and Ges. Gesch plus Roto-engraved RZM logo. This would be from mid 1933 to very early 1934, in accordance with the RZM laws of using up old stock with the "added" RZM logo. This practice can be seen on badges from many makers during the early RZM period
• #4. Transitional period RZM logo, plus M1/78 number and Ges. gesch. Dating from around 1934 to the end of 1935
• #5. Same as above, yet the Ges. gesch has now vanished. Post 1936 to circa 1940/2

Attachments

The gold hj badge is a very nice original and you can have ges gesch and rzm togeather so rest assured its original

Back