Not a HJ Honour badge, so what is it? RZM M3/36

P

peterB

Hi

I have been looking to see what this badge is. It sort of looks like a HJ Honour badge, but in all that I have read in the extensive info and help provided on this site, it is not.

One of the obvious difference is that all HJ honour badges (real or fake) have a M1 marking on the rear. This has a M3/36 marking. MM is GES GESCH.

Have I simply mis-identified and should be posting on another thread? Is it simply a fake Honour badge.?

Thanks

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi,

Yes, authentic badges (and of course fakes) will have M1 as you say. Another infamous, fantasy MM that will be found on fakes is BM 1/122.

The only accepted version of the HJ Honour badge in gold with Oakleaves (Goldenes HJ Ehrenzeichen mit Eichenlaub) is this type (second picture). These were stamped with the gold content ("535"), did not have RZM designations and no originals are known with award serial numbers. See here for the reverse of a HJ honour badge with oakleaves which was presented to the author Agnes Miegel in 1939.

The type of badge that you show is highly disputed as no proof exists that would place it into the period. There are others but here is a particularly good thread where you will see Christopher "dress copy" Ailsby offering no proof for anything he says in support of the disputed badges despite being prompted many times. He failed to offer anything other than subjective opinion, conjecture and anecdotes.

Having said all of that, the badge you show is definitely a fake.

Back