M1/70 HJ honour badge #9590

Thanks Received
Hi everyone, Goldenes HJ-Ehrenzeichen number 6 has joined my collection. My first M1/70. Some collectors shy away from this badge with a serial numbered range from 8000 to 9999, but I don't see why. Quality is equal. The reverse set up is similar to the M1/78 and M1/49 and the golden rim comes more close to the Hoffstätter pattern. An attributed example is in the pipeline for next spring Regards, Wim

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Yes. Some collectors really don't seem to like the badges in this serial number range but I have yet to hear someone give a good reason why.

The quality of these badges is behind all doubts but all the little facts don't help to clear things up. Franz Otto made the only badge with a more solid loking gilded rim with only a small bevel on the edges. With other makers the bevel line is less or more centered in the rim. Franz Otto also lost his M1/70 license in 1935.
Besides this all , I have no problems with this badge. It's not visible on my pictures but in real you see even the small left overs of the gilding just under the pin.

Regards, Wim

Back