RZM M1/52 "A" HJ Honour badge (Ehrenzeichen) with award certificate

Thanks Received
Just saw this. Might be interesting for some here. Starts at 500 Euro.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

116235 from 1932 Adolf Pirker
Apologies if this isn't the appropriate section to discuss, but I've noticed something unusual with the honor award certificate.

The font and capitalization on this honor award certificate differ from what we've typically seen. The medal looks appropriate, but the honor award certificate itself seems questionable.

Apologies if this isn't the appropriate section to discuss, but I've noticed something unusual with the honor award certificate.

The font and capitalization on this honor award certificate differ from what we've typically seen. The medal looks appropriate, but the honor award certificate itself seems questionable.
Hi there,

Yes, there are definite differences. I would think that this is due to the certificate being the later Axmann version. The vast majority were, of course, the earlier type with von Schirach's facsimile signature.

The Antiqua handwriting looks authentic and contemporary to me. I would not be suspicious in this respect.
We must also bear in mind that the printed Fraktur typeface was abolished after January 1941. In this respect, such a Antiqua letter version for the Besitzurkunde is not surprising.

Garry, can your documents somehow confirm the Kärnten district in connection with the number?

Hi Jack,

I can see badges either side of his going to Gebiet Westfalen: 116186, 116242 116263. Even into the 119000 range you can still see these badges going out to Gebiet/Bann in batches but I also see in my list that there were times when a certain range of badges was assigned to units in various HJ-Gebiete. It looks like the RJF did the Gebiet batches first and then a round-up of the individual straggler applications sometimes. His might be one of those.

Back