The ultimate in Hitler Youth honour badges

Thanks Received
hi guys

this is on the website of WOLFE-HARDIN and i thought you would like to see it, chances are its the only one you will ever see,soo here it is,you ready lol.

a hj honor badge in DIAMONDS AND RUBIES

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

OMG!!! thanks Stu for showing it to us.

Any idea to who belonged?

Regards

Antonio

hi antonio

sorry i know nothing of this badge , but i have emailed the owner to try and get more info on it

hi pat

iv'e never seen one before but it does come from one of the best third reich collections around
stu

hi antonio

sorry i know nothing of this badge , but i have emailed the owner to try and get more info on it

Thanks Stu. I am really looking forward to see if this really existed and who got it.

something is for sure, not many of these were made. Maybe 10 or 15?

Regards

Antonio

During the period its correct description was 'Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der Hitler-Jugend mit Brillianten und Rubinen im Eichenlaubkranz' (Golden Hitler Youth Honour badge with semi-precious stones and rubies with oak leaf border). Von Schirach wore one and another was presented to Hitler. Von Schirach awarded this badge from 1940 and according to Patzwall there were seven known to have been awarded (the date of the article is 2004). Having said that I don't think that the badge in post 1 is authentic.

I'll try and attach the pdf. Hang on...

Thanks Garry for the info!!!!

Excellent!!! Ufff, top piece.

Regards

Antonio

From Hermann Historica auctions

Attachments

Apparently the one Lauri shows is the real deal. It was sold by Henriette von Schirach in 1979 through Auktionshaus Carsten Zeige and reappeared on the market in 2004 when Hermann Historika auctioned it. Patzwall says that the one shown in Jörg Nimmergut's book Deutsche Auszeichnungen, Band IV, München 2001 is a fake and that Nimmergut fabricated a story where Henrietta von Schirach had apparently sworn under oath that the fake was her husband's actual badge. It turned out that she had said nothing of the sort.

Thanks for the info Garry, never saw a badge so beautiful !

Gold, silver, brilliants, rubies. The reverse marked "585" and engraved "Baldur v. Schirach - Berlin 24.8.1938". Vertical attachment pin in gold. Dimensions 33 x 21 mm, weight 8.96 g.
Included is a 1975 affidavit from Henriette von Schirach that the piece presented to her is the one awarded to Hungarian Reich Administrator Horthy. Her husband, Reich Youth Leader Baldur von Schirach, presented the award to the admiral during a 1938 state visit in Berlin. Also included is von Schirach's dinner table invitation card (transl.) 'on the occasion of the attendance of His Serenity the Reich Administrator for the Kingdom of Hungary' dated 24 August 1938, gold-bordered and with a raised gold-embossed national eagle, stapled to paper (slight edge damage) as well as a written reply from von Schirach signed in purple indelible pencil.
The Golden Hitler Youth Badge of Honour was only awarded in a few instances. Awards are known to Adolf Hitler, Baldur von Schirach, Benito Mussolini and his Youth Leader Renato Ricci, and Heinrich Himmler as well as special versions with ladies' brooch to Henriette von Schirach and the wife of the Romanian head of state Antonescu.
Provenance: Given in the 1950s by the Horty family to a Portuguese noble, who supported them to settle in Estoril.

Last edited:
Here is a bit more info ,

From Political and Civil Awards of the third reich

By J R Angolia

Attachments

Back