Who wore my HJ Honour badge? (HJ Ehrenzeichen)

August Nolte
Speele bei Kassel

Member since 1931

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I need your help again Henrik :)

Attachments

Friedrich Rosenkranz
HJ.Ehrenzeichen Nr. 70574

wenn ich mal paypal habe, bezahle ich den Beitrag und stell ein Bild ein
Gruß
Atze.

As a registered member you can add images at any time. Just hit the button :001_smile:

As a registered member you can add images at any time. Just hit the button :001_smile:
oh , danke Garry

Attachments

Ludwig Mesenbrink from Fichtenhain/Krefeld (member since 1931)

The badge and document are still together but I added the number anyway for reference purposes.

Attachments

Käthe Strauß
Bernburgerstr. 4 // Düsseldorf-Eller
HJ.Ehrenzeichen Nr. 112612

Attachments

Hi there and thanks for the addition. Do you have more paperwork for this girl by any chance?

Hi M-H,

no probs! Thanks again for the addition :thumb:

Hi garry,

thanks a lot for your reply.
I've got a little question, maybe you could help me?? Could you tell me, how many honour-badges has been awarded?
I think that the number of my badge 112612 is quite high. :001_unsure: Have you ever seen a higher number like mine before?

I'm very afraid about your answer!

kind regards send you

mole-hunter

Applications for the award of the HJ Ehrenzeichen were stopped in 1939 because it was considered that people had had sufficient time by then to send up the paperwork. The only exceptions to that cutoff date were those personnel who met the qualification requirements in the following countries/territories: Estonia, Lithuania, Poland, Memel, Romania, Elsass-Lothringen, Eupen-Malmedy, Südtirol, Südsteiermark and Südkärnten. The award criteria in those countries/territories were different to those within the Reich so the number of badges awarded is likely to have been quite limited.

No exact total number of badges awarded is known but the consensus is that this is likely to be around the 125,000 mark. The highest number I have seen (on paperwork) is 113346 but I have seen a badge with a number around 122,000 on the forum.

2019 Edit: please see the wiki page and/or Who wore my HJ Honour badge? ( HJ Ehrenzeichen) for updated info on the number of badges awarded. Also, the issue of new and replacement badges was finally discontinued in 1943 save for qualified personnel on active service. Prior to that there had been numerous deadlines dating back to 1936.

Hi Peter,

To my knowledge the Bundesarchiv doesn't have any lists. They are considered lost/destroyed. They may well have documents that will lead indirectly to the answer on some badges though of course. Gebietsbefehle, Bannbefehle, youth magazines, etc etc I've found some information from those too but the bulk of the information comes from ID documents, achievement books, letters and Besitzzeugnisse.

Hi garry,

thank you for this post. That are the informations i've looking for :)

Kind regards send you

mole-hunter

Applications for the award of the HJ Ehrenzeichen were stopped in 1939 because it was considered that people had had sufficient time by then to send up the paperwork. The only exceptions to that cutoff date were those personnel who met the qualification requirements in the following countries/territories: Estonia, Lithuania, Poland, Memel, Romania, Elsass-Lothringen, Eupen-Malmedy, Südtirol, Südsteiermark and Südkärnten. The award criteria in those countries/territories were different to those within the Reich so the number of badges awarded is likely to have been quite limited.

No exact total number of badges awarded is known but the consensus is that this is likely to be around the 125,000 mark. The highest number I have seen (on paperwork) is 113346 but I have seen a badge with a number around 122,000 on the forum.

Just found this at Carsten Zeige up for auction.
Might be of interest to some of you here:

Admin, feel free to modify my post so it fits in here.

Attachments

Back