Who wore my HJ Honour badge? (HJ Ehrenzeichen)

Wow, that's what I call a textbook Kurrent script (not Sütterlin, this is the older handwriting version). It says: Wilhelm (you're right, Osvald) Gerner from Ergeshausen, very close to the famous Loreley.

Nice one Jack. So, issued to Wilhelm Gerner from Ergeshausen, Bann 253 Lahntal, Gebiet 13 Hessen-Nassau :thumb:

Good work guys. Garry how did you know the Bann number for this guy?

Good work guys. Garry how did you know the Bann number for this guy?

I have a map showing the complete structure of the HJ in 1934 so it's just a simple matter of locating this chap's home town on the map and then seeing where it is in terms of the Bann/Jungbann borders. If those borders did not move between 1934 and 1935 (when his badge was issued) then it's clear to which Bann/Jungbann he belonged :thumb:

I should have added this to my post above but if he was a DJ member then he would have been within the boundaries of Jungbann 1/253.

Need help again with deciphering the handwriting on the following:

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Ilse Mayer ...............?

Werner Gl..., Wünstorf?

Attachments

Hi Garry, here you go!

1 - Ilse Meyer, Rethen [there were two villages of that name, now belonging to Laatzen -more likely - resp. to Vordorf], Thiesstr. 2
2 - Werner Glade, Wunstorf
3 - Helmut Beckmann, Buer [now to Gelsenkirchen], Westerholterstr. [correct spelling: Westerholter Str.] 7
4 - Wilhelm Nielsen, Wahrberg [probably a village near Glücksburg]

Excellent Jack. Many thanks :thumb:

Werner Glade was particularly good as I already had his brother Willi on my list. Their badge numbers:

18566 Willi Glade
18567 Werner Glade

:)

It is always nice to see, and a kind of reward for the research if one piece fits to the other. :thumbup1:

Willi Lippold of Mülheim-Broich, award number 92612. Joined the HJ on 10 August 1932. He was a member of Bann 159, Marine Hitler Jugend. Trained on Segelschulschiff Horst Wessel at Stralsund in 1941. Part of a grouping I have for the lad in my collection .....

Attachments

Last edited:
Very nice. Many thanks :thumb:

Does the grouping contain a Führerausweis by any chance?

Very nice. Many thanks :thumb: Does the grouping contain a Führerausweis by any chance?

Thanks for the kind words Garry. Mitglieds-Ausweis HJ; Personalbuch NSDAP-HJ Bann Mülheim a d Ruhr 159; Seesportabzeichen der Marine HJ Book & Ausweis; numerous documents, training records, and orders from Reichseesportschule 2 and Segelschulschiff Horst Wessel; lots of miscellaneous documents, many on letterhead, records, photographs, orders, etc. But no Führer Ausweis.

Also came with a nice Totenkopf Freischwimmer patch. There is a Freischwimmer Zeugnis in the grouping as well but it does not state "Totenkopf" so not sure if they really go together or not.

Sounds like a nice set. Do you see any leaders mentioned on the documents? You might see Zimmermann, Keßler, Schmitz, Kienert, Lauter in places where the signature of the Führer des Bannes bzw. Führer des Jungbannes was required.

Excellent. I have evidence for Stammführer Lauter being the k.-Bannführer of 159 in 1940 but on the documents where you see his name is he also signing as the k.-Bannführer? If so, could you let me know the dates of those documents and his actual rank if shown?

Excellent. I have evidence for Stammführer Lauter being the k.-Bannführer of 159 in 1940 but on the documents where you see his name is he also signing as the k.-Bannführer? If so, could you let me know the dates of those documents and his actual rank if shown?

Vorläufiger Ausweis for Lippold's promotion to Scharführer - Dated 8 December 1941 - states the promotion is on the authority of K-Führer des Bannes Mülheim-Ruhr (159) Stammführer Lauter. Signed by K-Leiter der Hauptstelle I (Personal) Hess - Hard to read but believe the name is Hess

Dienstzeugnis regarding the promotion - Dated 12 December 1941 - signed by Der K-Führer des Bannes Mülheim-Ruhr (159) Lauter - Stammführer.

Strafbescheid regarding discipline - Dated 23 January 1942 - signed by Der K-Führer des Bannes Mülheim-Ruhr (159) Lauter - Stammführer.

Hope this helps ......

You might see Zimmermann, Keßler, Schmitz, Kienert, Lauter in places where the signature of the Führer des Bannes bzw. Führer des Jungbannes was required.

Gary,

What is your info about Kurt Kienert's last rank? I got him as HJ-Gefolgschaftsführer. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Igor

I sent you a PM Igor.

k.-Jungbannführer (Gefolgschaftsführer) Kurt Kienert took up his post on 1.5.1939.

Back