Additional views of my two HJ knives. RZM M7/5

Thanks Received
Hi guys,

I have already shown these two in my 'collections' post, but i thought I would share some more detailed pics of my HJ knives.

This first one was actually MY first one. As a matter of fact, it was my first HJ item I collected. it planted the seed as they say. it is nothing special, ca. ~1938, no motto, missing grip fastener, but it does hold sentimental value to me.

They both have the ubiquitous 'wobble' to the swastika plate, and show honest wear, as a camping knife should. i always think of the many Boy Scout knives I used to see as a kid, and the wear each one would show, after being thrown against trees, into the ground, used to dig, etc...I would think these young German boys would be no different:biggrin1:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

This second one is one I had been hoping to add to my collection, as it has the engraved motto. It is difficult to see, but it is there. I recently had a dealer friend of mine bring it back from SOS for me.

Attachments

A couple of nice honest knives you have there Como.

You'll notice a gap around the diamond on your first knife. The plate holds the smaller of the two diamond sizes but the plate was made for the larger one - this is quite often seen on later knives as they used up what was at hand at the time.

Just in case you haven't seen them, here's a couple of pics showing some of the 'tree action' some of these knives faced! Notice the damaged grip plates in the second pic!

Regards

Russ

Attachments

HJ camping knife

hey craig here is a couple of cool pics attatched,.as you say they were definetly camp knives & looks like a lot of fun,.to get a mint blade is great but i like them used & abused also,most of them took a beating,.they are so well made aren't they,.i love my knives.:mad2: i have an M7/33 knife that is so sharp my nephew who is only 5 was playing with it & cut himself on it pretty bad,so he is not alowed near them anymore,my sister went nuts.they must have been pretty damn sharp to punch into a tree.i am heading to a show in a couple of weeks & a new knife is number 1 item on my list.:good:

si

Attachments

Very cool pic's. That top knife suffered a sad fate. I hate to see that grip plate torn up like that. But, boys will be boys!

hahahah i just unknowingly posted the same pics as russ,.darn it..pretty cool pics though hey.

perfect HJ knife diamond

very nice knives craig,.i love the diamonds on both of them,.in the attatched pic is the most perfect diamond i have ever seen.do you agree?

si

Attachments

Hitler-jugend knives

here is a few pics of my knives,hopefully to add another couple more to my collection very soon,.i took some new pics recently.
one is a late war M7/33 F.W Holler sol. & the other is a M7/42 transitional WKC sol.Wayersberg/Kirschbaum & Co,Waffenfabrik 1938,.for me there is something about the HJ diamond,.its so awesome looking.the red opaque enamel with the silver or gold centre diamond & the white background,.beautiful colour combinations.:good:anyway hope you dig the pics.

si

Attachments

here is a few pics of my knives,hopefully to add another couple more to my collection very soon,.i took some new pics recently.
one is a late war M7/33 F.W Holler sol. & the other is a M7/42 transitional WKC sol.Wayersberg/Kirschbaum & Co,Waffenfabrik 1938,.for me there is something about the HJ diamond,.its so awesome looking.the red opaque enamel with the silver or gold centre diamond & the white background,.beautiful colour combinations.:good:anyway hope you dig the pics.

si

Very cool knives!!! Yes, there is something about that HJ diamond that is very striking. The Nazi party were twisted, but they knew how to market their brand.

Back