Austrian HJ knife, WKC Waffenfabrik Solingen

Thanks Received
could be yours for €850.-
Never seen one of these before... thoughts ?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

MWF,

Never seen an Austrian hj knife but this looks similar to a Bulgarian youth knife, same insignia shape.

Regards Mac 66.

I seen knives with the same insignia,and it should be Slovakian youth knife.

Regards

Stingray,

Your correct my friend, i forgot all about the Slovakian youth knife,

Meant to say this one is simlilar to The Brannik Youth Knife ;)

Regards Mac 66.

Last edited:
MWF,

Never seen an Austrian hj knife but this looks similar to a Bulgarian youth knife, same insignia shape.

Regards Mac 66.
The same shop has one of those as well...lol

I seen knives with the same insignia,and it should be Slovakian youth knife.

Regards
You would have thought that they could at least have gotten the insignia "centered" and not off-center like the one in the first post.....

Attachments

Personally I wouldn't touch any of these foreign HJ knives!

Regards

Russ

The prices man!!!! €1750.- for that horror on a German site.. and ONLY €480.- HERE....
..and the "variants".... lol...

Attachments

And we shouldn't forget good old Johnson, he too, has/had one, another Variant....lol, sold for a measly $1400.-
Yes, i wouldn't touch any of them either.

Attachments

Stu has said it all on that thread, and correctly too. Bogus fantasy crap IMHO, and if you read this post.. we once more, see a Twin :pound: (The day will come, when the Twins names will be automatic Proof that the item is either a complete fantasy product, or embellished at best)
I guess history is just too boring for some people, (not that these people actually understand history or care about it) and so fantasy inventions took over. This started way back in the 50`s, and was a topic all on it`s own even back then.

personally, I would not tough it.:thumbdown:
Take a closer look at the site of this seller, and you'll hear inmediatly an alarmbell goiing of.
All the HJ knives this fellow is selling are nearly in an impeccable state, unused, clean and look like they were made yesterday. And with the little experience I have if they look like made yesterday, it is in most cases a reality.
What I find a little alarming is that this knife; what the seller calls an austrian (Slovakian) knife, has a WKC stamping on the blade.
This manufacturer exported to other parts of the Third Reich?
Furthermore this blade has a motto and ONLY the WKC knight.
This type of knife, since it has a ricasso (elevated part at the beginning of the blade) is a transitional type,(period of fabrication 1936 - early 1938) as it has the motto, so if the WKC knight is present it should than certainly have the RZM marking M7/42 with the mention of WKC solingen.
In my opinion the stamping on this blade, with a large broad lettertype (WKC) and the mention of Waffenfabric was not used on HJ blades.
And than last but not least one the most important details of this knife, the motto, the seller does not show in a detailed picture.
Odd, don't you think.

Than besides this knife when you inspect the rest of this "reputated" seller merchandise for sale, you notice a lot of stuff, wich in my opinion is BRAND NEW not old well preserved items.

My personal experience has learned me, if you do buy an item wich has issues, wich in this case is the least we can say, in time you will loosse more and more interest in this item, because you'll start also doubting if it is in fact really genuine.:amen:

So in my honest opinion, keep far away from this seller, he is selling stuff wich have been partly altered, put together, and finished of with a sick imagination.
But hey, you do not need to believe me nor take my advice, but don't come running back with complaints afterward, cause you were warned.:crying:
:belgium
Wizardelf

Back