THe begining of my Collection

Thanks Received
My first HJ purchases, and probably my worst. I got them both for about $100. I typically collected SA daggers, but I am annoyed by the cost. Thus I have decided to focus on HJ.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

First off, the one looks like a steak knife. It was grinded down a bit, but has a maker mark (M with 2 leafs under) and actually has the Hitler Youth motto intact. The insignia is damaged. The other one is pretty decent most of the blade is intact, and it is M7/10. The only issue is the grips which look to have been replaced. Also the leather on the scabbard is a litte rough.

Attachments

What are these hitler youth knives worth?

ALso what re these two worth? I honestly know very little concerning just about everything with HJ. Any good books on HJ out there?
thanks

Attachments

ALso what re these two worth? I honestly know very little concerning just about everything with HJ. Any good books on HJ out there?
thanks

I would suggest you go to a full member status, thats the only way you could see any in the fakes area and have a good insight in the matter.

I'm rellatively new at collecting hj, but i think you should get, for starters, angolia 1 & 2 in the collection. very good for your collection comparison. the baker books are good to have too.... but you'll find more info on them in the forum....

the grips are replaced, the diamond has been attacked to fit into the grip :h ouch iam not 100% convinced one of the grips is original

blades appear original, the early maker is a nice one

price wise pretty low, due to the parts/replacements but if they were bought accordingly then all is good :thumb:

HJ's are more interesting than SA daggers anyway

:wales

Back