Can a Hitler Youth knife be original when it has no maker mark and no motto?

Thanks Received
can it be original hj knife if it hasnt got a rzm or makers stamp on the blade as i seen one in a military shop and the owner says it is genuine...no motto on blade so its a later one etc

unmarked hj's do exist why they are unmarked is another question

sorry mike i havent as i bought things from him before for my japanese swords and just happened to ask him if he had any....why no makers mark then mike

If he's giving a date of 1935 as you mentioned, yet theres no markings, no motto etc he probably hasnt a clue what he's on about.

Why no maker marks who knows, they do turn up in what looks to be period issue pieces (could they have been made up post war from original parts) Where they made and liberated from a factory before finished?

Personally unless it was cheap i've never seen the appeal of an unmarked one myself, if the price is in the normal range, i'd go for a marked one everytime.

Guys unmarked hjs were most likely Ink stamped on the blade, this is very easily worn off thru time, this is my theory why we come across unmarked hjs, Usually most hjs i,ve seen with Ink stamps are M7/13 marked.

Cheers Scott.

Gees ow:thumbdown:, got to pay to post pix on here now:sad:, I,ve got a pic of the RZM M7/13 Ink Stamp to post for members to see as well, Sad days :001_rolleyes:

Admin edit: no, you don't have to pay to post pics. All you have to do is make at least one post per month and your account never loses the facility to post/view pics.

Last edited:
Back