Controversial Hitler Youth "Honour" knife with SS runes and engraving

i think jo and garry have covered this very well, its funny the only people who stand by these daggers are peole who either own one or have owned one (admin edit: or who sell them), until there's proof then all the stories mean nothing

its funny the only people who stand by these daggers are peole who either own one or have owned one..
That`s true of most Fake/Fantasy/Questionable items. Human nature i guess, especially with Expensive items, people just don't want to look like wallies in Public. A low $ item can be shrugged off and racked up to a learning experience, but an expensive piece must be hard to swallow. Most will turn to an outdated and poorly researched Reference book, but as Wim van Gollum just showed us the Fake HJ with Diamonds in a Reputable persons book, and we could all show more examples of fakes in other books, it`s just not enough proof just because it might be pictured as Genuine in an Old Reference book, well for me anyway.

I could scan a few pages of Peter Stahls Fakes book from the 60`s and put them here, concerning Fake etchings on period items, and downright fantasy items too, (and the Californian mili-mob) but i`m not sure how that would infringe any copyright laws... :sad:

That would be great Jo. As long as the posted content is essential to understand the subject under discussion and doesn't consist of the whole book (obviously!) it would come under 'fair use' and would be fine. If you would prefer you can start a new thread in 'Articles'. That way the scans would be invisible for those who don't have the necessary viewing privileges.

That would be great Jo. As long as the posted content is essential to understand the subject under discussion and doesn't consist of the whole book (obviously!) it would come under 'fair use' and would be fine. If you would prefer you can start a new thread in articles. That way the scans would be invisible for those who don't have the necessary viewing privileges.
I could scan the whole book, it`s only 30 odd pages, so thats no big deal.. LOL.. but i wont, OK when i get back from Italia on Sunday i will scan a few pages, maybe early next week.

Here are some "warnings" about bogus and humped up daggers\knives .. & this is over 50 years old now. :thumb:
edit: The Repro HJ dagger mentioned on pg 4, is pictured in a 1960 USA catalog advert. Note the price, note the proper sheath, and then tell me if you think you would be able to recognize one of these now, some 50 years later ?
This content can only be viewed by: Blue Group members.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Last edited:
And a few more..

This content can only be viewed by: Blue Group members.

Attachments

Pretty cool, but it looks a fantasy design to me. I saw a rather interesting modern fantasy "storm trooper" fantasy dagger on the internet, inwhich the word "Stormtrooper" is in english "engraved" on the blade.

Just came across this thread on a search. It's another classic example of a dealer who gets something from a veteran (apparently) and then has to build the story to go with it. Everything he has said on this thread is supposition, is his own opinion and is not based in verifiable fact. This should not be overlooked.

There are a few threads on these. HERE and of course HERE, where i uploaded a few of the Fantasy pieces side by side.
btw: Who is this user WAFFENLEITE ? some of his posts on this thread are just, well, Typical Johnson & Wittman Propaganda.

Attachments

These are rather like the combat bayonets with the fake hilt and blade etches.

Quote post 37:

"these were made as a run of samples to get more business..."

(Which should have been followed with):

...out of you gullible collectors for me and my dealer buddies!"

Jokes aside, that is another statement above made by Ron, but with no proof to back it up, as with the famous "well known variation" statement he made on the bogus 'DJ' knives.

How does he know this stuff??

Regards

Russ

If these people, as well as the ring-of-blood-bruddaz that they associate with, see fit to insult their readers by denying them any footnotes - in their "Bibles of Blades", then they sure as hell are not going to entertain the likes of us.
I have a period photo showing that exact statement somewhere, if i ever find it, i`ll show you. No no, i didnt include the photo in my books simply because the word of Bibleblade-007 should be enough, now BOW..how dare you stand in front of me...earthling!

They will tell you what they want you to hear, and until they are proven wrong, they will continue. When they are challenged, they throw teddy off the roof and go on holiday.

These knives will have a wiki page in due course (one of you can start it now if you like of course). There is currently no proof whatsoever for what Weinand says and subjects like this need to be a part of the wiki.

From Thomas M Johnson's Collecting the Edged Weapons of the Third Reich Volume 5.

Page 167 - The Hitler Youth Honor Bayonet (with HJ diamond and SS motto of course...)

Page 168 - close-up...

Regards

Russ

Attachments

How is it possible that the Hitler Youth "adopted" the SS parole? easy, it`s not.
Why has nobody had the balls yet, to write a book about these guys, and list each and every mistake they make, BS story and invented self-described fantasy item they have pictured with LIES!!!
Lord, dagger collectors who have been buying according to the books written by Johnson and Wittman, have been taken for fools! Brainwashed.....

Note the name? WEINLANDS collection...lol.

Attachments

Last edited:
Back