Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Controversial Hitler Youth "Honour" knife with SS runes and engraving

Posted by member Ron Weinand on another forum one of the rarest most controversial of the known HJ engraved knives but should not be questioned IMO just drooled on

Admin edit: after reading this thread, members might be interested in the following thread also: https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f31...bayonets-6882/

Attached Images Attached Images

Please login to view user info
    to be honest i would never pay the money something like this would be priced at unless i had 100% proof it was period, to me it looks no differant to the other engraved HJ's you see about that are thought of as fantasy items or post was by most people

true these daggers are rare and not well known so exceptional caution is very wise also the prices demanded puts them into a category well above most pocket books. One point I would put forward is they are so rare and expensive why are there not more around. Having owned a similar example long ago my take is they do exist as period pieces.

Yes, very controversial. Pretty ugly too in my opinion with that SS stuff splattered all over it. Not something I would personally ever want to own even if it came with rock-solid provenance but that's just me. What does he say about it Paul? Is it a WAF or GDC thread?

it is a WAF thread and comes from one of his famous motel buys
    :canada:

It certainly seems gaudy. But to some, the gaudiness must be attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    It certainly seems gaudy. But to some, the gaudiness must be attractive.
    faltan fotos para decidir su autenticidad.....si te es posible pon mas...un saludo palante125

Wusthof Prototypes??

There is a series of Carl Wusthof produced pre-RZM series that utilize WWI Trench Knives produced by this company. One with HJ Diamond engraved in the hilt, one with the HJ Flag engraved in the hilt, one with the SS runes and one with a circle and a swastika in the center. All original period pieces and have been known for years as can be found in all the reference books on daggers starting with Angolia and Johnson.
    There also is a series of different mottos: HJ and SS used with different hilts. Production seems to have been limited and, IMO, these were prototype pieces from the very beginning of dagger production in the TR.

Photo

Yes, I also have two period photographs of this style knife being worn. I would post here, but can't seem to figure out how to size my photos on this site to make it work.

Ron you can email pics to me and I will sort them out.
    oldpat@gmail.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast