Deutsches Jungvolk DJ knife with diamond on scabbard - Period or not?

Thanks Received
Hello All ..... whats the groups feelings on the knife in the attached photos? So far I've seen both positive and negative comments but whats the bottom line?

Thanks for your input as I am learning a lot by just looking at your posts.

John

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
I don't think a "bottom line" has been established on these knives. Very controversial item that always seems to stir heated debate at times. Personally not for me, I don't like having to explain or defend items that I collect. If you buy one keep in mind if you ever try to sell there will be debate.

These Jungvolk Knives are undocumented . As far as I know , there is also no photographic evidence of period use and proof .

It is really , however ; a nice looking knife but unless you can buy it for under 50 dollars as a representive piece ...I would stay away .

Last edited:
These Jungvolk Knives are undocumented with as far as I know ,there is also no photographic evidence of period use and proof .

It is really , however ; a nice looking knife but unless you can buy it for under 50 dollars as a representive piece ...I would stay away .

The knife was advertised for sale with a reserve price of $850. It did NOT sell and thanks to all of your input I did NOT buy it.

DJ knife

Hi Heinrich,
agree with you. According to a big collector in France, the knife appeared in the 70s on markets in Europe and it was sold to the price of a fancy accessory. I have a similar HJ knife in my collection and I paid the price of a reproduction......:lol:
Best regards
Eric

i saw one on a reputable dealer site with a coa. seems like there is scant info to known

i saw one on a reputable dealer site with a coa. seems like there is scant info to known

I would recommend upgrading to Gold and then checking out the HJ-Wiki dagger pages on this forum. You'll find lots of very illuminating and extremely useful information about these bogus knives (DJ, BDM etc) there including an analysis of the absolute BS used by dealers when they push them as genuine TR
relics.

oh

Attachments

oh

Worthless as I said on the other thread. If you push the guy to back up that COA with proof he will not be able to provide it and I can guarantee you that. He will instead mention post-war books that show the knife and will quote the names of big dealers. That, of course, is not proof. These knives have been researched in depth on this forum and there is no evidence whatsoever that they are what the dealers say they are. Girls did not have a knife specifically for them and the boys wore the shared and standard HJ/DJ camping knife. As I said, upgrading your membership will give you access to real proof and detailed analysis of these knives if you need it.

It never ends...... Wittmann will burn in hell for this.. Wittmann and Johnson and Weinlands and Inkballs.

No matter, the very fact that Johnson and Wittmann have these down in their books as genuine, is proof that they have zero idea about daggers and knives.

Regarding Wittmann, have people been watching the absolute crap he has been listing the past few years?
Like this.. the old fart`s logic is worse than Sleepy Joe Biden`s..The ticket is very old and the writing is in pen and ink and there is no reason to believe that this item is anything other than what is stated. . Wittmann Antique Militaria #44604C Brass Electric Socket Cover from Goering's Berchtesgaden Chalet
This electric cover is made of brass and since it has a hole on one side of it and hook on the other it was screwed over the electric socket with apparently a bracket for the hook to be retained to. The items comes with a period tag written in pen and ink from the veteran that brought the item back. The ticket says "Light socket cover from Hermann Göring's home Berchtesgaden". The ticket is very old and the writing is in pen and ink and there is no reason to believe that this item is anything other than what is stated. I would think it was the perfect thing for a veteran liberator to grab as a souvenir of Berchtesgaden as it easily would fit into his pocket to take home. An interesting little trinket here.
Excellent. $325.00

Is "authentic" the same as "original" ?

In my opinion "authentic" means "looks like original"

Back