Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

Deutsches Jungvolk DJ knife with diamond on scabbard - Period or not?

Hello All ..... whats the groups feelings on the knife in the attached photos? So far I've seen both positive and negative comments but whats the bottom line?

Thanks for your input as I am learning a lot by just looking at your posts.

John

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hookm49; 1st September 2010 at 02:52 AM.

I don't think a "bottom line" has been established on these knives. Very controversial item that always seems to stir heated debate at times. Personally not for me, I don't like having to explain or defend items that I collect. If you buy one keep in mind if you ever try to sell there will be debate.

These threads will be useful John.

DJ Deutsches Jungvolk knives
    https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f3...m-knives-6802/

DJ knife Wiki page with expanded cinformation for Full Members.

These Jungvolk Knives are undocumented . As far as I know , there is also no photographic evidence of period use and proof .

It is really , however ; a nice looking knife but unless you can buy it for under 50 dollars as a representive piece ...I would stay away .
    Last edited by joecool; 2nd September 2010 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    These Jungvolk Knives are undocumented with as far as I know ,there is also no photographic evidence of period use and proof .

It is really , however ; a nice looking knife but unless you can buy it for under 50 dollars as a representive piece ...I would stay away .

The knife was advertised for sale with a reserve price of $850. It did NOT sell and thanks to all of your input I did NOT buy it.

yes another knife for the who really knows pile

I'm no expert but this looks as if it was made yesterday.

DJ knife

Hi Heinrich,
    agree with you. According to a big collector in France, the knife appeared in the 70s on markets in Europe and it was sold to the price of a fancy accessory. I have a similar HJ knife in my collection and I paid the price of a reproduction......
    Best regards
    Eric