Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Look at this one that appears to be sold on GDC.

IMPORTANT NEWS!

Quote Originally Posted by RussellM View Post
    In the absence of any period documentation to date, I'd like to float a possible explanation for the existence of these 'DJ' knives and I'd welcome any opinions or thoughts on what you think of it. The knife is the same or very similar to the type of item that bears the Nuremberg and Olympic etchings. These I believe are dated 1935 for the Reichsparteitag Rally and 1936 for the Olympic version. Could the stockpile of knives found in Solingen be leftover, un-etched examples waiting for the next commemorative event? This theory of course, pre-supposes that one believes in these etched items as genuine, which I think is relatively well accepted by some, but not others.

Regards

Russ
    It has to be something like that Russ. It's certainly much more plausible than the theory that these are knives carried by the DJ in place of the official knife.

Please login to view user info
    I also think your right Russ , probably mass produced and etched to suit the event and sold/ given out to children, as a keepsake to be put away , not a working knife by any stretch of the imagination,

steve

What a fascinating and informative thread this is. Thanks to everyone who has contributed and to Russ for corresponding with Mr. Johnson. Keep up the excellent work.

Collect100

small question i have.

As I can read in the different posts here, regulation stated a HJ knive with diamond in it.

I've seen sevoral knives being placed on the marked without the diamond. Not even a empty space in the handle where it should be. Although the "blood and ehre" is nicly inscripted in the blade, I'm wondering wheter these are good or fakes.

they look good, but are they.....

As you all seam like expierienced in the field, and I want one. I'm not willing to buy junk wish is worth "0". On the other hand , I've got a very tight budget, so mayby I should wait and see...

Our Evilmike has a lot for sale in the for sale section a vast aray im sure one would fit your budget, and of course you will know they are the real mc coy check it out .

steve

Quote Originally Posted by zander View Post
    Our Evilmike has a lot for sale in the for sale section a vast aray im sure one would fit your budget, and of course you will know they are the real mc coy check it out .

steve

thanks for the info steve!

didn't find it , but saw it on the old forum.

H2OCO2, can you show a pic of one of these in a new thread?

Regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by RussellM View Post
    H2OCO2, can you show a pic of one of these in a new thread?

Regards

Russ
    I'll see if i can reach the old forum pages. But I've already send a pm to evilmike to restart the threat again here.

there is an interesting knife being shown in the should I clean it thread. It has a bowie style blade with the same scabbard as a normal HJ. I had one of these years ago which was factory engraved and Angolia talked me out of it for one of his early books. The knife itself was extremely worn and there was no doubt of it's period date. I do not believe for a minute that the diamond on scabbard ones are bogus there was a tradition of presentation knives in the HJ. One last point ref photos as the scabbards are identical in shape there would be a tendancy to overlook any differences. CAVEAT EMPTOR always but keep your minds door open. Oh and ref the dealer theory that is so far out to lunch that it is supper time Mr Johnston you for one deserve better than that IMO

PAUL
    Last edited by Paul Ayerst; 3rd August 2009 at 05:02 AM.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast